Skilled_Builder's Staff Application

Hello.
    I'm back.

Now, I return to GLDesert, rather not to apply, but to make up. What I did a year-or-so ago was awful, impulsive, and outright embarrassing. My actions didn't achieve me anything but turmoil and adversity. How I acted was horrendous, and all I did was create more problems and ruin my reputation. When I was a builder, just a year ago, my record was impeccable, I had not been warned once and was generally respected for being a long-time member. Now, all of that is gone, my innocence incinerated in the flames of my tantrums.

Occasionally, I reminisce over what I have done to myself. Because of my actions, this game fell apart for me. The server which I had stuck so long to hated me, ostracised me. This server truly sculpted my minecraft experience, fostered it. I was always excited to log on after every long school day to interact with the luscious community. But now it's all dust, and I have no control over my destiny, if I even have one. What further irritates me was my stubborn hypocrisy at the time. As I kept accusing and belittling the admins, I lost ground to stand on. In my arguments over staff's obsession with power, I became as equally power-hungry. Eventually, that ground disappeared, and I fell into the abyss of no return.

However, the single most horrifying thing I have done to the community is what I have done to you guys. I ruined every single relationship I had, and in the wake of my stupidity, I lost all of my friends on GLD. My old buddies, such as Ryandouglas, Myst, Seb, even TJ, turned right against me, leaving me alone and hopeless. I remember the day of no return, the day I vainly released server information. While it felt satisfying at the moment, I lost every relationship with all of those people. On that day, even Xenu, a player who I had come to really like, had turned entirely against me. No arrangement of words could thoroughly apologize for what I have done to all of you guys, and making up for such horrible actions will be near impossible.

Now, I am hated. I am ridiculed. I am abandoned. I am lost. Yet, above all, I am regretful.

However, as I look upon those actions once more, I feel empowered. Not only have I reflected upon my issues, but I have corrected them almost entirely. From these interactions I have learned to become a better person and have come to accept my wrongfulness. In my months of leave, I have matured greatly, improving my quite deterred social skills and developing an appropriate composure. However, I must never overlook the devastating results of those actions, and I will forever recognize myself as guilty for the mess I had gotten myself into. While a single word is never enough to change the minds of hundreds, I am sorry.

And now, my application. You guys are probably wondering why in hell I would apply. Well, even though I am shattered, my dreams still remain untouched. My old dream in minecraft was to become a staff member, to finally wield the big stick. So now, in tribute to my old, better self, I apply for all or for nothing. Thank you for kind-of giving me this opportunity, and even if you don't accept me, I hope you can understand that I am very sorry.

Application for gld.bz or GLDesert

PART 1

Name: Luke

In-game Name: Skilled_Builder

Age: 14. Yes, I have claimed to be 14, 15, and even 16 years ago, but I have finally lost my insecurities and am admitting to my real age. Yes, I am 14.

Gender (Boy or Girl): Boy

What country and timezone do you live in?:
    I live in the United States of American on the East Coast. My timezone is American Eastern Standard Time.

How many hours a week do you play?:
    Right now, I have no weekly activity. However, I have recently gotten a laptop and if needed, I can play for at least 20 hours weekly. I have never been able to fill this time goal before because I used to have restricted computer time and access during the day. Again, if required, I can access the forums daily by using my phone.

How long have you been playing GLDesert?:
    I have been playing GLDesert since November 11, 2011. I am one of the oldest players still remaining on the server, and have played longer than almost the entirety of the staff team. However, I have experienced two points of major inactivity, once in spring 2012, and one now since early last spring.

Have you ever been banned from GLD, and if so, for what reason(s)?:
    I have been banned multiple times from all assets affiliated from GLD. Most of these are related to my previous immaturity and large staff disrespect. Furthermore, a few more of my bans have resulted from my vulgarity and excessive warnings. As I revisit my actions once more, I am stupefied that I made so many of these mistakes, and they will irritated me for years to come.

Skype Name?: skilled.miner

Is English your first language?: Yes

Do you speak any languages other than English?: Yes

What are they, if any?:
    I speak Spanish and I am taking Spanish 2 in high school.

PART 2

Why do you want to be a staff member?:
    Well, my main motivation for being a staff member is to help out. Many of you guys are probably looking upon this statement as entirely ironic, as I have done nothing but ruin the community in my past months of stay. However, I am still driven by the hope to make GLD better to the best of my ability. I want to be able to say to myself at the end of this journey that I have contributed to something great. Also, being a staff member, although many will take this statement as drastic, will give me the ability to prove that I am worthy once more of being part of this community. I want to prove that even from my self-destruction , I can recover and show all of you guys that I am not an awful person. Despite my recklessness, I never truly intended my actions. In my unconscious impulses rose a monster that I can assure you wasn't me. Overall, being staff, although that idea may seem radical, may prove my worthiness after all. I want to show you guys that I care and who I really am.

What is the biggest problem you see on GLD right now?:
    Despite it being a certain stereotype, I do believe that the very low player count on GLD is a prominent issue on the server. Without players, GLD will soon be unable to entirely function, and to all of us, that would be very devastating. Even though I used to hate this server entirely, I cannot say that I would ever want to see it die. As I said in my primary statement, GLD nurtured my Minecraft experience and made the game pretty freaking awesome. Even to me, seeing GLD slowly bleed out like this would be quite painful.

How would you fix it?:
    Well, this issue is definitely not an easy one to fix. The staff body has tried many strategies to recover GLD, but a majority of them have either worked for a very short time or haven't even worked at all. they've tried building better spawns, introducing new programs, but it has usually not worked in the long term. However, I do truly believe that the only way to earn and keep new players is to entice them. In order to keep GLD alive, I will try my hardest to create an interactive experience with the player. Whether it be some role playing or helping them obtain some items, I have promised to myself to try my best to make a unique experience for every single player. If needed, I will even form a companionship with a newbie player to help them get through their first days on the server. Even though my efforts may be minor in the grand scheme of things, they will gradually help the server, maybe keeping players on as long as I have.

Phew! I'm feeling like my good self once again!

What is your favourite thing to do on GLD- the thing you do whenever you have some spare time that never gets boring?:
    Building is perhaps the activity I participate the most in with GLD. I have a good eye for detail and a powerful amount of creativity, so I love to build on minecraft when I get the time. Building never gets boring, as in the end, my creations are almost always satisfying. Equally important is the fact that building does

Do you have pride in yourself and what you do? Explain why:
    I do not have a complete sense of pride in what I have done and what I do. I am most certainly not proud of my actions, especially those that insulted other players. I feel the strong weight of guilt pull down on my shoulders as I write this, and I fear that such emotions may follow me for a while. I never see my previous actions as righteous, and have no satisfaction whatsoever in the trouble I have caused. However, I still do have a small bit of pride. In the following months of my quitting of GLD, I have recovered to a point of true pride. I am no longer insecure, hypocritical, or stubborn. I have come to recognize my actions, and for that, I do have a strong sense of satisfaction.

Staff Trials are currently a month long. How long do you think they should be, and why?:
    Staff trials are fine as they are right now. A month allows players to show what they got, even if they don't have as much time as their more active colleagues. A month also is plenty of time to show trials the reigns to the job. In addition, the trainee education is definitely sufficient, as great staff members have emerged from their trials.

Pretend that you are describing Minecraft and the role of a staff member using their powers to enforce the rules on GLD to an uneducated 18th century peasant as a story. What do you say? Feel free to use fantastical terms as necessary:

The fire popped as it lit up the kindling. As it cracked, it broke through the eerie silence which hung over the room. The man in front of me was worn, and his elder face seemed to drop in his weariness. Through his sullen eyes he stared at me, presuring me. Finally, I chose to spoke.

"So you want to her' a tale," I spat out with almost no emotion. In delayed response, the man nodded his crooked neck.

"Ok. In lands far'a way, there is a word unlike no other. Lands covered in sand, only the fittest could survive there. The desert sun burned through yer skin, cut through it like a knife. No food or water were found for miles. Yet, under the dirt, there was many resources. Diamond, gold, iron, all were plen'ful. Many a traveller came searching for the bountiful stuff. In time, the land became filled with conflict, men n' women killing and fight'n for their lives. Howe'r, some of these men were not very nice. They cheated the world, an' against these disgusting people, nobody stood a chance."

The old man coughed, interrupting me briefly. After a second of silence, I finally started my voice back up.

"Then, the moderators came in. They ruled over th' lands, protecting the good folks from these horrible threats. Them staffed the servers, enforc'd law to the land. From this foundation, towns an' nations sprung out of the san'. Empires formed, fought with eachother in accordance with these rules. Great legends were made, an' the kingdom florished"

I paushed for a moment, wiping the ashes of the fire away from my face.

"An' that is the story of the Great Light Desert."

What are your ambitions when it comes to being a staff member?
    As pretty much stated before, I intend to making GLD a much more intriguing experience. I hope to collaborate with old friends and make a change, one that will be remembered in glory. I want to make Great Light Desert Memorable for myself and others, create experiences that I have yet to experience. In parallel, I also desire to introduce new players to the community and to others. I want to make their experience as grand as it could be. This server is an exceptionally unique one, and I want everyone to enjoy it like I used to. However, I cannot go too far to state that I will not use my abilities. Yes, I hope to make the server more enjoyable by using my enforcing abilities. I seek to persecute justly yet quickly, and want to deal with players appropriately. Precisely, I would like to use my powers in order to create a great server-wide experience.

Where do you see yourself being in six months time?
    Hmm...while I do not necessarily see myself as a staff member on GLD in six months, I do see myself becoming active once more. I can visualize myself returning to my once-kind self, becoming an involved member of the community once more. I see myself mending my old relationships, connecting once again to those I have insulted, as well as connecting with new players. I see myself being accepted, being forgiven, and having fun once more on GLD. Finally, with or without my staff rank, I see myself having an impact of the future of GLD. No matter if it be setting an example or building something, I see myself climbing out of the abyss and becoming great once more. With this positive imagery, I strut forward into a brighter future.

Obviously, I've written way too much.

All in all, I hope you guys can take this time to release I am not an awful person and am certainly not evil-minded. I want to use this application to prove that when it is necessary, I can man up and become mature. I dearly hope you invest your time into me, as I want to redeem myself in the eyes of the community.

If you have any comments, or by some chance you want to actually forgive me, please post below.
    Last edited by I'm back.; 10-14-2015 at 06:24 PM.

Thread Information