Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: An Update.

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by ryandouglas6 View Post
    Removed my first comment. It didnt have only 3 players at the end and nobody really wanted a reset. Retard.
    I think I recall seeing a thread in which a few people actually asked for a reset, though I don't remember which one. Look at the old threads cause to say that nobody wanted a reset is an exaggeration at be

I've wasted over $120 on this server and then the rank that I had became a rank that you can get without donating. What a fucking joke.
    - Cdriza

You did not waste any money. On the previous server you got exactly what you payed for. This is a new server. Accept that already.
    Powermod Nonojang

Grand Thread Necromancer Desert Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by nonojang View Post
    I think I recall seeing a thread in which a few people actually asked for a reset, though I don't remember which one. Look at the old threads cause to say that nobody wanted a reset is an exaggeration at be

- Cdriza

You did not waste any money. On the previous server you got exactly what you payed for. This is a new server. Accept that already.
    "different server"
    i recall it still being called gldesert and still being owned by joan
    gldesert is still up and i lost what i fucking paid for to something you can get for free in-game moneey
    eee

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by cdriza View Post
    "different server"
    i recall it still being called gldesert and still being owned by joan
    gldesert is still up and i lost what i fucking paid for to something you can get for free in-game moneey
    Joan can own multiple servers and not have them be the same one. Additionally I think we can say that GLD has evolved beyond just a server and into rather a brand from which others have borrowed from. So to call GLD 3.0 the same server as GLD 2.0 or GLD 1.0 is somewhat inaccurate. Its not just you who is upset they "lost" their money. I know how you feel. Initially I had felt the same, but I had accepted that GLD 3.0 and GLD 2.0 are not the same server. Thus, as Terms of Service stated, "All persistent packages purchased are valid through the lifetime of the current server iteration"-GLDesert Terms of Service. This thread is not the place to raise this issue, this thread exists to inform people about the additions to the current lightstone and server ranks. If you would like to whine, it is encouraged to do that here, Vent your Rage.
    Powermod Nonojang

Enforcer Desert Sage
    Blog Entries
    I sometimes lurk around time to time to see what's been going on, but in all honestly I feel like GLD is dead. All the original players and competitors are gone, all the passion, the players, the small branches, the massive Skype calls that everyone piled into don't exist anymore. I've completely moved on from here, but being an original player of quite a few years (started mid 2012), from what I see the server isn't the same nor will probably ever be. GLD 1.0 was the shit, GLD 2.0 wasn't even that bad, it actually seemed like right up until the reset, GLD 2.0 was fairly active (from when I went to pop on a few times). The server isn't even the same anymore, I dislike how the game mode was changed into something different, it doesn't feel like the same server. I don't think GLD was a brand, it should have stayed as a good community base of players. A lot of people have put a lot of money into the server and I'm surprised how it ended up dying. Was there even advertisements for 2.0 after The Chunk situation, if not, why weren't there? I don't even know man, the server has changed so much and it's not the same. I can't even picture myself now putting hours and hours into playing Minecraft like I used to. Believe me, there were a hell of a lot more players than 3 on 1.0 before it reset. I'm actually surprised that there's still the same people from years ago on the server today. Even back in early 2013 on the server when I initially donated, it wasn't dead. I was quite shocked that a few months down the road that the server was going to reset. But, all in all it's not me that makes the decision of where the server is gonna go.

I'm out. Not sure when I'm gonna check this again, the server seems a hell of a lot different than it used to be. I don't play Minecraft anymore and I don't plan on playing it anymore, just wanted to submit my two cents on the thread.
    [img]http://gld.bz/s/SockHeadx86[/img]
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]"mildly demoted but possibly also retired staff member"[/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TlOilPO.gif[/IMG]

Desert Forum Sage Ancient Sage
    In RW's closet with iTrollin taking selfies.
    Blog Entries
    I'm with sock, I just re-downloaded MC a day or s ago and decided to check up on GLD and there were only two people online. As of writing this, there's nobody. I had such an amazing time on GLD and remember so many people Leslie, Jer, Jwl, TJ, jnmcd, Bert, Boss88 and many others. I'm really sad to see the fall of a server I put so many hours into. Joan, I wish you the best on whatever is next for you and thank you for countless hours of fun and entertainment. I'm out.

-msg15
    -Always n00by

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#cc0099"]Selfie [/COLOR][COLOR="#000000"]msg[/COLOR][COLOR="#cc0099"]15[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

plz dont change the msg from black cuz bert will change it back bby <3

Honorary Forum Member Ancient Sage BassFreerunning's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sockheadx86 View Post
    i sometimes lurk around time to time to see what's been going on, but in all honestly i feel like gld is dead. All the original players and competitors are gone, all the passion, the players, the small branches, the massive skype calls that everyone piled into don't exist anymore. I've completely moved on from here, but being an original player of quite a few years (started mid 2012), from what i see the server isn't the same nor will probably ever be. Gld 1.0 was the shit, gld 2.0 wasn't even that bad, it actually seemed like right up until the reset, gld 2.0 was fairly active (from when i went to pop on a few times). The server isn't even the same anymore, i dislike how the game mode was changed into something different, it doesn't feel like the same server. I don't think gld was a brand, it should have stayed as a good community base of players. A lot of people have put a lot of money into the server and i'm surprised how it ended up dying. Was there even advertisements for 2.0 after the chunk situation, if not, why weren't there? I don't even know man, the server has changed so much and it's not the same. I can't even picture myself now putting hours and hours into playing minecraft like i used to. Believe me, there were a hell of a lot more players than 3 on 1.0 before it reset. I'm actually surprised that there's still the same people from years ago on the server today. Even back in early 2013 on the server when i initially donated, it wasn't dead. I was quite shocked that a few months down the road that the server was going to reset. But, all in all it's not me that makes the decision of where the server is gonna go.

I'm out. Not sure when i'm gonna check this again, the server seems a hell of a lot different than it used to be. I don't play minecraft anymore and i don't plan on playing it anymore, just wanted to submit my two cents on the thread.
    gldlegacy.com

Quote Originally Posted by BassFreerunning View Post
    gldlegacy.com
    u fukin wot kid

Oh lax chat...

Quote Originally Posted by cdriza View Post
    I've wasted over $120 on this server and then the rank that I had became a rank that you can get without donating. What a fucking joke.
    You have to remember; this is not the pay to win server you once knew. Mojang has cracked down on servers by using their end of user term agreement or also known as EULA .
    Basically means; Whether your a donor or a non-donor it should still be a fair game. Which, it was not back then.

Audacious. (PS Joannou1 stole your league of legends username before you could; PM me if you want it back)
    Last edited by Auda_; 07-17-2017 at 10:40 PM.
    au·da·cious
    ôˈdāSHəs/
    adjective
    adjective: audacious
    showing a willingness to take surprisingly bold risks.
    "a series of audacious takeovers"
    synonyms: bold, daring, fearless, intrepid, brave, courageous, valiant, heroic, plucky; More
    antonyms: timid

Thread Information