WayfaringNomad's Trial Staff App [GLD]

Name: Most people call me Chair, ChairThief or Nomad

In-game Name: WayfaringNomad (previously ChairThief, though I may switch back to it eventually)

What country and timezone do you live in?: United States [California], Pacific Time [PT]

How many hours a week do you play?: I tend to play for at least an hour to four hours each day, though my schedule can vary a bit depending on my schoolwork, holiday plans or personal commitments to friends, family or professional work.

How long have you been playing GLDesert?: Since early 2013, and if I had to hazard a guess, I'd say I started in March. So that'd be about three years and some odd months :')

Have you ever been banned from GLD, and if so, for what reason(s)?: No, I have never been banned for anything.

Skype Name?: SourOrangeTree, and I believe a few of you already have me on there.

Is English your first language?: Yes it is, and my best academic subject at that ;')

Do you speak any languages other than English?: Not enough to hold a conversation, unfortunately.

What are they, if any?: A bit of French, Icelandic and German.

Why do you want to be a staff member?: Well, the main reason being that aside from Batzee, I'm one of the the only ones who regularly frequents the server- almost on a daily basis, and I feel like presence of staff would help keep incidents to a minimum and provide someone for newcomers to look to for help should they need it :')

What is the biggest problem you see on GLD right now?: Believe it or not, the "emptiness" doesn't present itself as the biggest problem to me. I'd say the biggest problem I see on GLD these days are the attitudes of previous players who choose to visit. They don't always provide a very welcoming visage when actual newcomers arrive, and I've witnessed them harassing others right off of the server.

How would you fix it?: Hopefully the presence of staff would be enough of a deterrent, and I would address them conversationally at first, to request they rethink their social representation. Should the behaviour continue I wouldn't hesitate to put a stop to it with more material means.

What is your favourite thing to do on GLD- the thing you do whenever you have some spare time that never gets boring?: Building and farming! I love to build, and farming is very relaxing in its simplicity. I also enjoy going on nomadic trips with my friend, and building small fully outfitted houses for wanderers, should someone in need of a place to start out ever stumble upon them :') There's something really satisfying about leaving a nice message for someone you might never actually meet, and knowing that you've done a good thing for them.

Do you have pride in yourself and what you do? Explain why: Sure I do! I take great pride in my skills, and I always try to present the best of myself in both casual behaviour and workplace professionalism. I am very proud of where I am in my artistic development, and the huge amount of work it's taken me to get where I am today, and I am very proud to be attending university, which I take very seriously.

Staff Trials are currently a month long. How long do you think they should be, and why?: I think a month is a perfectly acceptable amount of time in which a trial can prove they are worth keeping as staff.

Pretend that you are describing Minecraft and the role of a staff member using their powers to enforce the rules on GLD to an uneducated 18th century peasant as a story. What do you say? Feel free to use fantastical terms as necessary: In a harsh land of sun and sand, chaos would reign if not for the efforts of the grand Order of the Staff, who work tirelessly to ensure the land they call home remains safe and well kept. These brave souls keep a patient and careful watch, conquering usurpers, vandals and thieves, and settling disputes with thoughtful counsel.

What are your ambitions when it comes to being a staff member?: Only to keep a watchful eye over the server and make sure everyone is greeted warmly, and disputes are settled as fairly as possible. I would always do everything I can to ensure everyone is treated well and help others should they need it.

Where do you see yourself being in six months time?: Getting ready for Halloween. LOL, seriously though, I'll be finishing my fourth quarter of college, and be approaching the long break x'D I'll also probably still be doing what I do now.. Namely commission work, playing games, doing artwork, writing, 3D work, etc.

Other: I'm actually not interested in any personal perks. Flying, spawning any block, etc. I'd like to keep it simple, honestly, and keep on playing as I do now- just with the influence/ability to handle problems if they arise :')
    Last edited by ChairThief; 04-03-2016 at 11:06 PM.

"May I serve the order honourably."

I'd love a yes or no reply, it's been over two weeks.

"May I serve the order honourably."

Thread Information