fencingforfun's Trial Staff Application for GLD3.0

Name: David Cai

In-game Name: fencingforfun

Gender (Boy or Girl): Boy

What country and timezone do you live in?: USA EST

How many hours a week do you play?: around 7

How long have you been playing GLDesert?: since July of 2014

Have you ever been banned from GLD, and if so, for what reason(s)?: Never have I been banned

Skype Name?: shien.cai

Is English your first language?: Yes

Do you speak any languages other than English?: Yes

What are they, if any?:
    I can speak and read and type Chinese, technically it would be called Mandarin but its the same language typed, so if any Chinese players join the server then I would be able to help them.

Why do you want to be a staff member?: I want to be a staff member because GLD is changing right now, and the old players mostly left, leaving GLD to a bunch of new players such as myself, I am pretty new compared to the previous staff members, and with more new people on than old players, there needs to be someone there to help guide them through their journey through the desert, learn the full potential GLD can extend to, other then just a desert survival with a crap ton of diamonds. I also want to help the server grow in popularity, as the server is lacking in players but I hope as a staff member, I am able to contribute to the server more then just a Wanderer.

What is the biggest problem you see on GLD right now?:
    Obviously the player base is low but I think that's because GLD is really boring compared to other servers. Sure most servers have more players and so that can make the experience more fun but right now, GLD is just a desert survival that is both more annoying with thirst and stuff but also easier with more diamonds. The server mostly states that its a PVP server but there is little PVP, usually only PVP between two friends or whatnot. Because of GLD's low player base, I think it would make the server much more enjoyable if GLD focussed more on the individual experience rather then multiplayer experience. Most of the things people do on the server that makes it special involve 2 or more players such as PVPing or raiding, but we don't have any people to do that with. We are left with basically a semi-vanilla single player world in a desert, which can be fun at first but gets boring later on.

How would you fix it?:
    As I said before, the main cause of the servers low player base is because of the servers emphasis on the multiplayer experience rather then the single player experience. The single player experience right now is literally a desert survival with lots of diamonds, which would get boring fast. Instead of playing survival, most people would rather play minigames and quest systems, so we should be able to add a system like that, such as a Storymode Quest, where you do quests to find the story behind quests, or a tomb raider theme, where there are multiple temples scattered around the desert and going through them rewards you with an artifact. If there are a lot of players, there could also be a minigame hub where people could play together, as well as PVP tournaments that reward players. Trivia is fun too . Although that would take a lot of work, I think that would be most effective into solving the low player base problem right now.
    What is your favourite thing to do on GLD- the thing you do whenever you have some spare time that never gets boring?:
    I love building redstone farms in my town, and I really want to build a world that automatically collects resources and that lets me build without having to collect resources. I do sometimes PVP if my friends are on (but I suck) and I also like adventuring, but with such a small desert without many cool things such as temples and stuff, theres not much to see. If I really get bored of all of this, I just afk so my automatic farms work.
    Do you have pride in yourself and what you do? Explain why:
    Whenever I finish a large project I give myself a large pat on the back because as a wanderer, it's great to complete anything especially anything underwater that is a HUGE pain in the butt (*cough Guardian Farm *cough cough) but I really love my town and all the things I built in it. I also try my best to be a nice person on GLD because I really like friendly people and so if I could be one, that would be great.
    Staff Trials are currently a month long. How long do you think they should be, and why?:
    Right now Staff Trials should be open because we need more active staff on GLD. Staff are supposed to help people on GLD and with the a lot more new players joining the server then older players, someone to guide them is very important, and so until we have more Staff members, many new players who could potentially become long term players are leaving without anyone to guide them. Because of this, we need more active staff members and so Staff Applications should be open for as long as it takes until enough Staff members start helping players.
    Pretend that you are describing Minecraft and the role of a staff member using their powers to enforce the rules on GLD to an uneducated 18th century peasant as a story. What do you say? Feel free to use fantastical terms as necessary:
    In a far away land known as GLD, it is a harsh land with few resources on the surface. But deep underground, there are prosperous minerals, especially the high amount of diamond. This has lead to the development of many large Cities, each wanting to obtain each other resources. These cities come in all forms, Massive Fortresses, underground strongholds, giant floating islands with markets and houses. Alliances are formed and broken between Cities and each City has its own fair share of Fierce Warriors and creative builders, impressive merchants and the list goes on. But along with these people, there are Staff members, who act as overseers with great authority. Each Staff member has the right to look over other people in order to monitor whether any rules have been broken. Staff have a civil duty to help any one who asks for help, but also have the right to punish those who have been disobedient with just punishments. This is why Staff members are important and are chosen very carefully, as they have more power then even the fierce warriors who wander the desert. If the selection for Staff is not chosen carefully, the Staff have the power to crush cities and punish people without any just reason to do so. Staff MUST be moral with their decisions and have to solve problems impartially and with the intention of benefitting the one who is right, not the one who the Staff favors. With great power comes great responsibility, and that responsibility must be to benefit everyone as a whole community, and justify the disobedient and help those who are in need in the most impartial way possible, and if that does happen, Staff become an important role in the desert community of GLD.
    What are your ambitions when it comes to being a staff member?
    As a Staff member, I want to be able to help those who need help, so they can have the most enjoyable experience on the server and continue playing on with little or no problems. If their is a problem, I want to to everything I can to solve this problem and I will not stop until the problem is solved, either by the player I'm trying to help or me. As a Staff member, I feel like I have the civil duty to help anyone I can, whenever I can, even if it means stopping what I'm doing right now, as the communities problem is more important then mine. As myself, I want to be able to benefit the server that I enjoy very much in any possible way I can, and as a wanderer, that means giving feedback, but as a Staff member, I can be benefit the server more directly and more effectively as a figure who can help people, and when the server is in need of a revolution to spark a resurrection of the server, I will happily become a Staff in order to revive the Server in the best and most beneficial way possible.
    Where do you see yourself being in six months time?
    Six months later, I will obviously be in school so less time to play but I want to see that the server that I play on, the server that I love, GLD, be in its most prosperous state yet, with old players playing but with new players as well, each enjoying the server in the way they most enjoy it. If I can help achieve this dream that I have of the server 6 months in time, I would happily do whatever it takes, and right now, I believe that becoming a figure who helps anyone who needs help can benefit the server greatly and help achieve my dream of the most awesome server being more awesome.

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Your app has been accepted! Welcome to the team!
    Powermod Nonojang

Thread Information