LopieFreax (You Need To Pay Your Rent) GLD Staff Application

What server are you applying for staff on?
    Great Light Desert! I think that's the name of it.

Name: You Need To Pay Your Rent

In-game Name: LopieFreax

What country and timezone do you live in?: USA, Pacific

How many hours a week do you play?: 8-10 hours, although school may get in the way. Two AP classes, so meh.

How long have you been playing GLDesert?: N/A. I literally just walked into this wasteland and it's pretty entertaining so far.

Have you ever been banned from GLD, and if so, for what reason(s)?: Nope

Skype Name?: Civil_Security

Is English your first language?: Yah, boy.

Do you speak any languages other than English?: Not exactly, but I took Spanish I last year and I'm taking Spanish II this year. I did amazing on the finals, if that means anything.

PART 2

Why do you want to be a staff member?: I heard the cries of a server that deserves to be famous, shining like a star amidst all of the other, much more mediocre minecraft servers. I wish to make this vision a reality, and it all starts here.

What is the biggest problem you see on GLD right now?: Lack of activity. This can stem from a number of other, smaller issues, but I can definitely help with those.

How would you fix it?: My marketing skills are impeccable. I will advertise in a coherent and appealing manner, and make the server as tidy and attractive as possible. The latter part will involve balancing plug-ins, PvP, and the server community as a whole. Regardless of whether or not I will be able to have access to these things immediately, I will do my best to help in any way I can.

Your favourite thing to do on GLD: I enjoy PvP, above anything else in minecraft. I am a decent builder, however, and I have a large imagination. Both of these things never bore me.

Do you have pride in yourself and what you do? Explain why: Yes! I perhaps have too much pride, in fact. I'm a good writer and an amazing social engineer. I've been staff on a few smaller servers that are dead now, unfortunately, but I was a responsible and likable staff member. I enjoy working in minecraft servers, and I respect the responsibility and effort that it requires.

Staff Trials are currently a month long. How long do you think they should be, and why?: I feel that a month long is fine, actually. That's the general length I've seen on other servers. You shouldn't be applying for staff unless you genuinely enjoy minecraft, as well as the server you're applying for. You should have enough patience to wait the whole month, and shouldn't complain at all. A month is enough time to gauge someone's skill, chemistry, appeal and effectiveness as a staff member without giving them too much power too early on.

Pretend that you are describing Minecraft and the role of a staff member using their powers to enforce the rules on GLD to an uneducated 18th century peasant as a story. What do you say? Feel free to use fantastical terms as necessary:
    "Hello, poor farmer man," I say, sauntering over to the peasant with a laptop under my arm. I open up my Dell Laptop, and flip the screen over so that he can see it. "Don't scream that it's witchcraft," I whisper into his ear. He stares into laptop, which is showing the Minecraft title screen. He sweats heavily. "I want to tell you about a world that could be yours to explore. A world where you can do all of the filthy peasant things you do now, and yet— so much more. It's called. . .Minecraft. You explore a world filled with nothing but simple shapes, but it's anything but simple. You gather resources, fight for survival, and build shelters. But in the case of a server, where people who enjoy the game can connect with one another, you build much more than shelters. You build connections, friendships, your very own story, all in a second world beyond our own where you don't have to worry a single bit," I continue, stroking my finger down his cheek. "But who keeps everything in line, you may be asking? Why, it's the staff members. They have abilities—powers, you might say. They're the gods here. But they are generous, most of the time. They protect the weak, and challenge the unfairly strong. They stop cheaters, and keep the world balanced and free. They work hard on their servers, much like you work hard on your harvest. I want to invite you to this world, where danger and friendship are around every corner, back to back. Play the game." I slide the laptop over to him, before disappearing into the mists as quickly as I had appeared. The peasant stares at the laptop. He soon spirals into a computer game addiction, and his crops and family slowly die off. Not that he cares. He's busy building a castle, the one he's always dreamed of.

What are your ambitions when it comes to being a staff member? Ambitions? I want to see this server grow, in both effectiveness, entertainment, and community. That's all.

Where do you see yourself being in six months time? Probably crying over that girl at school who I still can't talk to because I'm a cowardly piece of trash ugh

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Great app!
    Powermod Nonojang

Thread Information