Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'm actually unsure how much of the town will be there. I was not around 4 months ago. Perhaps some will be (cross fingers) and maybe none of it will.

Quote Originally Posted by Joannou1 View Post
    I'm glad you all seem to be pretty forgiving, cause I would be pretty upset.

If you can get anything from a 4 month old backup, let me know and I'll put that up so we can get stuff from it.
    Wouldn't want to have priceless artifacts completely lost!
    And the worthless spammer thing is something from ye olden days, since the site got rolled back, you only have 1 post apparently.
    In regards to re-obtaining those artifacts: I have recorded a few locations around the server that were nice to look at and I believe a few were found in those; but some artifacts were literally buried in the sand one block under in the middle of nowhere; and a dairy I found once was amongst a bunch of gear on the ground. Probably from a player that died there years ago (it was in the nexus, so it is possible that no one had explored that area for a very long time).

About half of interesting artifacts were found by other players. AnthonyColin was the one to find most of the Alpha blocks and I believe it was either Smurfadelis or Poo_Master who found a book series and gave them to me.

If you do re-upload the old server then the most historic item we would find in large amounts would probably be the player heads. In a way they record who has been on this server and are bountiful.

About the title next to my name thing. My profile seems to have been lost so I made a new one using the same email. I know its the same email because I have notifications from this thread on it. It's weird but it doesn't really affect me in a negative way so meh...
    Last edited by Bob_Oats; 12-29-2016 at 07:08 PM. Reason: Added the quote

" AnthonyColin was the one to find most of the Alpha blocks" Unfortunately I don't remember where I found the alpha slab blocks. I might have found them in a chest.

Yeah Im kinda curious now too, when will the new GLD be estimated to launch? I doubt i'll be too active, nothing like how I used to be, but being there for launch is always great. Any Idea for when its gonna be out?
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

aww i was hoping to get on since i havnt been on in nearly a year

Dune Wanderer Desert Sage
    Its only been a week or so but any sort of update on the New GLD?

Blog Entries
    Been a bit busy with a bunch of stuff, I'll be away from home for a week from Feb 1-7 in DC, and I got some work to catch up on.
    However, soon I'll be cleaning up the forums and opening the staff app section again, as we'll need people right off the bat to staff the server!

We've got a new spawn being created that will have the same layout / scale as the original one, but a bit more up to date, but not too complicated.

I'm thinking about setting up some sort of funding thing maybe, just to keep the current server paid and help keep morale up, as it's getting harder for me to devote time to all this!
    Let me know if this is worth doing or have any suggestions on how to go about this.

Want to test this signature out? I made it! Unique to GLD.
    It will automatically update when we make changes to it!

Add this to your sig:
    [ img]http://gld.bz/s/myusername[/img ]
    (Replace myusername with your username, and remove spaces in the [img ] tags!)

Feel free to use it anywhere else you may have a forum account!

cant wait

It can only be Elsewb... Nomad
    Will those who were made staff after the reset still continue to be staff or will they have to reapply?
    [img]http://gld.bz/s/Myst_Hawk[/img]
    http://prntscr.com/7x93h6
    http://prntscr.com/7x95b1

Thread Information