Page 1 of 12 123 11 ... LastLast

Rules Discussion/Suggestions

Post all your comments on rules, suggestions or support for new ones, and the like here.

If you are making a suggestion, please preface your post with "SUGGESTION:" or put it in the 'title' box when you post (only available in advanced mode)

Suggestions awaiting approval/dismissal

1. Limit LWC protection to town/base use. Not random chests in the wilderness (especially empty random chests in the wilderness)

Addendum: I'm looking at the possibility for this rule to allow for 'active use' during a login period. For instance, if a donator wants to pvp in an open area, he can pack his crap into an LWC chest and then go hit dudes- but he'll get in trouble if he leaves the chest protected/there and logs off.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Kerrus; 03-18-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Suggustion

Was thinking to add onto the LWC, no locked chests randomly in the wilderness. Tired of going around finding random locked chests.

I understand if its in a base or town. but to find them randomly on the surface in the middle of no where kinda sucks.

So, new thing. What constitutes spawn killing? If you wait a couple seconds after convincing someone to tpa to you before murdering them, is that legit?

Friends, players, countrymen, lend me your brains. And if you don't get them back, I promise you'll receive new ones in the mail in two to eight weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
    So, new thing. What constitutes spawn killing? If you wait a couple seconds after convincing someone to tpa to you before murdering them, is that legit?

Friends, players, countrymen, lend me your brains. And if you don't get them back, I promise you'll receive new ones in the mail in two to eight weeks.
    First i can agree with what u said about the LWC. if they are on thats k, bc ive done that while mining, i will put a chest done to store items, go mine and when chest is filled take back to my base.

A lot of people try to TPA kill, which i don't mind. i love when a newb TPA me to them right into their base try to kill me fails and i take all their items. Just sometimes when you first TPA you might not be able to see anyone, since the game is still loading. IDK if there is a way for Joan to do this, but maybe make it so you can't be attacked or attack when you first TPA to someone for maybe like 5-10 seconds. That would solve the problem.

Im really glad you made this thread so we can talk about some of these issues. As far as locked chests go, it sometimes can be annoying to find them here and there but I would rather run into the occasional locked chest on the surface than not be able to lock a chest temporarily while pvping for fear that an admin will see it, assume its days old and that I didnt jsut put it there an hour ago to hold my important stuff, and destroy it. Better to just destroy the locked chests near spawn IMHO because those are right where everyone walks by and if you need to lock a chest temporarily, you can at least place it north or south of the mean area where everyone charges west out of warp spawn. I would hate to have my locked chest destroyed because someone didnt know that I had only put it there recently.

Oh yeah and about spawn killing, to be honest I think that *scamming* in general is more of a problem than being killed when you are close to spawn. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen someone in chat spamming TELEPORT TO ME FOR FREE DIAMONDS! and then as soon as you tp, he is waiting to kill you with his friend.

In fact that happened to me just yesterday, a guy named pascal-something wanted to purchase gold blocks from me so i teleported to him. He took a while to find what he needed (armor, a sword to attack me with, maybe some food or potions idk) and then he asked me some questions and while i was typing started swinging at me! Haha but I kicked his ass and his little scam-buddy fullspeed too. I told my townmates and they teleported to me to see how he was scamming people and somehow 5 people ended up outside of his house and he promised me not to scam again if we didnt blow his house during war. I agreed.

The next day he was scamming again. I hate people who just lie and cheat people like that. Next war hes going down lol but ANYWAYS all Im trying to say is scamming is a massive problem and frankly should be against the rules.

Spawn killing (as in pvping near spawn) can sometimes be just how you are forces to pvp, because for some weird reason everyone likes to gather around right near the edge of the safe zone waiting for an easy target (for shame!) Sometimes I have to just stand on a high block in in the dangerous area jsut to draw them out of hiding in the safe-zone like chickens. I mean if you are going to pvp, then pvp! But if you are going to hide in the safe zone waiting for someone to step 1 block into pvp to swing your sword at them and then finish with flint n steel(like ive seen many jerks do to people) then maybe they shouldn't be on a pvp server. I mean, really? Pvp shouldn't be a hiding game.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoscontrot View Post
    Oh yeah and about spawn killing, to be honest I think that *scamming* in general is more of a problem than being killed when you are close to spawn. I cant tell you how many times Ive seen someone in chat spamming TELEPORT TO ME FOR FREE DIAMONDS! and then as soon as you tp, he is waiting to kill you with his friend.

In fact that happened to me just yesterday, a guy named pascal-something wanted to purchase gold blocks from me so i teleported to him. He took a while to find what he needed (armor, a sword to attack me with, maybe some food or potions idk) and then he asked me some questions and while i was typing started swinging at me! Haha but I kicked his ass and his little scam-buddy fullspeed too. I told my townmates and they teleported to me to see how he was scamming people and somehow 5 people ended up outside of his house and he promised me not to scam again if we didnt blow his house during war. I agreed.

The next day he was scamming again. I hate people who just lie and cheat people like that. Next war hes going down lol but ANYWAYS all Im trying to say is scamming is a massive problem and frankly should be against the rules.

Spawn killing (as in pvping near spawn) can sometimes be just how you are forces to pvp, because for some weird reason everyone likes to gather around right near the edge of the safe zone waiting for an easy target (for shame!) Sometimes I have to just stand on a high block in in the dangerous area jsut to draw them out of hiding in the safe-zone like chickens. I mean if you are going to pvp, then pvp! But if you are going to hide in the safe zone waiting for someone to step 1 block into pvp to swing your sword at them and then finish with flint n steel(like ive seen many jerks do to people) then maybe they shouldn't be on a pvp server. I mean, really? Pvp shouldn't be a hiding game.

Will have to agree on that safe zone shit. wish there was a way to set it up that if you run into a safe zone while in combat the system kills you

with that being said though I think there would need to be another clearly marked border at the edge of the safe zone so you don't run into it by mistake and lose all your items bc you were chasing a newb into the safe zone.

Desert Drama Queen Desert Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by chaoscontrot View Post

Something close to that happened to me too :P same guy, I soon found out while scouting his house looking for a good place to blow up shit that all his chests were locked by FullSpeed. Hence the post I made reporting it

AGREED!

You can always see people scamming on chat.

I think that is the most common noob issue apart from flint&steel at the moment.

Is there a rule about asking for OP because you are "testing the server" or claiming to be from Planet Minecraft?

Thread Information