Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

The economy is in a crisis - new rule incoming

People like accruing money, because in the real world lots of money is a sign of prosperity, and that reflects into the world of Minecraft. Whether they're doing it to show up on /money top, or just so they have lots 'if they ever need it', the fact is that 45% of GLD's total wealth (which is sitting at 115million) is in the hands of ten players- the super rich.

I don't mind there being super rich. What I mind is people who are endlessly trying to push the so called debt ceiling, draining money from the economy into their own personal banks and keeping it there. People for whom money is not something to use to buy stuff, but just to... have.

They may as well be taking it out of the economy- they're certainly taking it out of circulation, and ruthlessly so. We have people with automatic cake farms, automatic piston farms- all sorts of stuff that generates and centralizes the resources needed to construct the things that the server purchases- and those people in turn are draining all the money from the economy.

A lot of them put it back into the economy to buy things- but a lot of them just sit on that money. Gotta have more money. Gotta have the most money. If they can have all the money, nobody else will have the money and their position as the player with the most money will be untouchable.

This? This is the finger of God descending from the heavens to touch your money.

New rule: Wealth hoarding is no longer tolerated. People who have beyond a certain number of lightstones will have the excess dumped back into the economy, as a sort of... tax... on the super rich.

So for those of you who count yourselves among the super rich, maybe this is the time to go buy those things you always wanted.

L33T H4X0Rzz Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    Thank you. I've been waiting for this for so long.
    [IMG]http://i.gyazo.com/6689ec547ee2541594d4cc40c65f4c1c.png[/IMG]

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrus View Post
    People like accruing money, because in the real world lots of money is a sign of prosperity, and that reflects into the world of Minecraft. Whether they're doing it to show up on /money top, or just so they have lots 'if they ever need it', the fact is that 45% of GLD's total wealth (which is sitting at 115million) is in the hands of ten players- the super rich.

I don't mind there being super rich. What I mind is people who are endlessly trying to push the so called debt ceiling, draining money from the economy into their own personal banks and keeping it there. People for whom money is not something to use to buy stuff, but just to... have.

They may as well be taking it out of the economy- they're certainly taking it out of circulation, and ruthlessly so. We have people with automatic cake farms, automatic piston farms- all sorts of stuff that generates and centralizes the resources needed to construct the things that the server purchases- and those people in turn are draining all the money from the economy.

A lot of them put it back into the economy to buy things- but a lot of them just sit on that money. Gotta have more money. Gotta have the most money. If they can have all the money, nobody else will have the money and their position as the player with the most money will be untouchable.

This? This is the finger of God descending from the heavens to touch your money.

New rule: Wealth hoarding is no longer tolerated. People who have beyond a certain number of lightstones will have the excess dumped back into the economy, as a sort of... tax... on the super rich.

So for those of you who count yourselves among the super rich, maybe this is the time to go buy those things you always wanted.
    I saw this coming, and used my wealth to buy a ton of stone brick. Also Kerrus can't people just go buy a ton of diamonds and then when they wanna get stuff they just sell some. I mean sure they might lose a couple hundred per stack, but to those who buy lightstones or ranks constantly or other stuff a few hundred might be nothing. I do question the fact that the economy is in shambles, granted I have quit and don't play much, but how is the economy in shambles. We just restarted the server, how come its so fragile? If you play on other servers like sky block or other servers that have been here for a long time, they have a similar plugin for economy yet they don't have to constantly regulate the people who have affluence.
    Edit: spelling mistakes, lots of em
    Last edited by nonojang; 12-01-2013 at 06:02 PM.

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure they do to some extent but I doubt it is widely known.

Blog Entries
    I say everyone has 0 and when u buy a rank u do t get money Nd u can no longer buy money as people who are poor can still be rich on gld
    "Death, it's a path we all must take to complete our lives"
    [UniCorn] Tjhod

Honorary Forum Member Ancient Sage
    The way economy servers regulate is fluctuating prices - like an actual market. A tax isn't going to stop these "super rich" people, because they'll dump all their money into blocks that will hold their value for a long time.

I propose that the prices of items should change often, weekly or bi-weekly, so that GLD's economy may become more like a stock market (and thus be more stable.)

Whats the quota amount of money that one can hold for a prolonged period of time?

So... Why did you want the money back again?

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawned18 View Post
    The way economy servers regulate is fluctuating prices - like an actual market. A tax isn't going to stop these "super rich" people, because they'll dump all their money into blocks that will hold their value for a long time.

I propose that the prices of items should change often, weekly or bi-weekly, so that GLD's economy may become more like a stock market (and thus be more stable.)
    How are staff supposed to regulate and change price of every single block every week or every two weeks. Our current staff are incapable of enforcing the already extensive list of rules. With the momumental amount of different blocks they will find a way. Like bit coins which are getting popular, it is most likely that the super rich may invent a new way to store wealth. Let them keep their ls

Desert Forum Sage Ancient Sage
    In RW's closet with iTrollin taking selfies.
    Blog Entries
    I agree I was super rich (at one point 2 million) I agree take 20% from all accounts over 1 million. But even if this is done there is the problem that many of these super rich own a town and therefor can dump their money into town banks.
    -Always n00by

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#cc0099"]Selfie [/COLOR][COLOR="#000000"]msg[/COLOR][COLOR="#cc0099"]15[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

plz dont change the msg from black cuz bert will change it back bby <3

Thread Information