Desert Forum Sage Ancient Sage

Feedback. - AndrewR

Never Ever Ever Ever Ever EVER put the tac map back
    Do not remove the chat violation rule
    Stop being linear on people that break rules
    Shorten Trial time to 2 weeks but cut the price in half as more people could afford it you will be gaining more money and people will get staff at a brisker pace
    make some mini games that do not involve pvp and perhaps some people will actually consider buying your rank
    - Super Smash Mobs
    - Block Hunt
    - Dragon Escape
    - Parkour
    Make it so that people can add each other to their protection lands, I know its a pain for catching duped items or what not but it is really unfair to us who do not
    take away diamond sell sign from the market for one week so people can cool the fuck down. they drain over 1mil a week from mr.light
    make money restriction amount smaller, look at the fucking money pole it is crazy
    give power mods the kill command
    give head enforcers more perms
    give dark lord more perms so it is worth buying
    give every staff social spy
    ban teleportation into towns ( as in enemy tping people into towns )
    have more time zone diverse staff members
    [SIZE=1][COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Arial Black]Once upon a timeless time
    On a server whence I came across
    A diverse place with endless possibilities
    And different ethnicities
    A lively realm where I begot
    My minecraft days of which I sought
    Such solitude whereas I may allude
    Reality, some may say thus is vanity
    But what I have come to learn
    In three years of gaming games
    Among the populace of the server
    Naming names when it comes to one called RW
    The significance of thus is of supreme value
    My advice is he is but a subtle admin
    But when he possesses coke and rum
    And when his words look to be kind of glum
    Do not intend to interrogate nor exasperate
    Or you will find yourself in a bind
    Because said subject will be inclined
    To ban your ass if not confined[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewroxs View Post
    Never Ever Ever Ever Ever EVER put the tac map back
    Do not remove the chat violation rule
    Stop being linear on people that break rules
    Shorten Trial time to 2 weeks but cut the price in half as more people could afford it you will be gaining more money and people will get staff at a brisker pace
    make some mini games that do not involve pvp and perhaps some people will actually consider buying your rank
    - Super Smash Mobs
    - Block Hunt
    - Dragon Escape
    - Parkour
    Make it so that people can add each other to their protection lands, I know its a pain for catching duped items or what not but it is really unfair to us who do not
    take away diamond sell sign from the market for one week so people can cool the fuck down. they drain over 1mil a week from mr.light
    make money restriction amount smaller, look at the fucking money pole it is crazy
    give power mods the kill command
    give head enforcers more perms
    give dark lord more perms so it is worth buying
    give every staff social spy
    ban teleportation into towns ( as in enemy tping people into towns )
    have more time zone diverse staff members
    Andrew I respectively disagree with several things here, but I do like some of them
    If we get more space and it doesn't add lag then bring back TacMap
    Revise chat violation rule to prohibit the word gay and synonyms when describing a person, and racial stuff will still be illegal
    I like the way staff are enforcing rules currently, your doing a great job(the rules are the ones needed changing)
    Umm... 3 weeks for trial so that they aren't that worried, and strict, probably keep the price the same so skrew ups couldn't just buy it and ruin server
    I can't argue with mini game ideas, I love em, I might buy mg+ if this is added
    Yes, let us add each other to other lands
    Thats one solution to economy, and lower prices on everything
    Sure let power mods have kill command
    Head enforcers have all the powers they need to do their job, ENFORCE RULES(all they need is /whois, /kick, /mute, /ban, /temp-etc, /broadcast
    Yes Dark lords definitely need more perms, when I bought d-lord website still said we had a ton of stuff and I bought it without knowing they were gone, and then more stuff broke, so we need more stuff to compensate for the lost
    No, not every staff needs social spy to see what nations and towns and msgs are saying, leave that to the higher staff to deal with, like role specialization
    Tping people into town should be left to the mayor to decide, this rule shouldn't be enforced by staff, but assistants in town, if you tp people into your town and its not allowed in your town than your kicked by your towns assistants or mayor
    Yes there are often times when staff aren't on and people chat vio or spam and we have to report it
    Chat Vios should not be something that is reported unless used in excess
    Edit: all my suggestions should correspond with those of andrew in order

Desert Forum Sage Ancient Sage
    Pertaining to the teleporting into towns, I was referring to during war how invaders are in their legal rights to teleport other invaders into the town. I always thought this was not legal but some staff told me it is. Such is of much importance and should not be ignored and I think that teleporting people within 100 blocks of a town with malicious or embezzling intent should be outlawed.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Arial Black]Once upon a timeless time
    On a server whence I came across
    A diverse place with endless possibilities
    And different ethnicities
    A lively realm where I begot
    My minecraft days of which I sought
    Such solitude whereas I may allude
    Reality, some may say thus is vanity
    But what I have come to learn
    In three years of gaming games
    Among the populace of the server
    Naming names when it comes to one called RW
    The significance of thus is of supreme value
    My advice is he is but a subtle admin
    But when he possesses coke and rum
    And when his words look to be kind of glum
    Do not intend to interrogate nor exasperate
    Or you will find yourself in a bind
    Because said subject will be inclined
    To ban your ass if not confined[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

Im gunna go ahead and copy the whole thing and give you reasons why this is a good/awful idea

In advance I'd like to apologise if this doesn't reed too well, I wrote this fairly late at night.

Never Ever Ever Ever Ever EVER put the tac map back - In my opinion good, its a huge amount of effort and memory wasted for gld, its the end of having any safety as a noob with an above ground base or as a town owner.

Do not remove the chat violation rule- Also good in my opinion, It needs a little tweaking I think, but its a good set of rules

Stop being linear on people that break rules- We don't tend to be, us as trials at least, follow a sort of template whereby we verbal warning, then kick, and finally warn and jail (for minor offences)

Shorten Trial time to 2 weeks but cut the price in half as more people could afford it you will be gaining more money and people will get staff at a brisker pace - Awful idea, trials are expensive so that people who want to buy it to piss around with the perms for a while are deterred, an $80 prank isn't very appetising. The month period is to asses weather they are appropreate staff material, that they can enforce the rules to the correct level of strictness and can make good decisions, the month is so that one can ease into it, 2 weeks would be about the turning point of trials getting to grips with everything.

- Super Smash Mobs
    - Block Hunt
    - Dragon Escape
    - Parkour
    Not a bad idea, but lots of people have bought MG+, no need to slag it off like that.

Make it so that people can add each other to their protection lands, I know its a pain for catching duped items or what not but it is really unfair to us who do not - So wrong here, the reason it was removed was because friends would betray and then pillage the others land, this meant that staff would constantly get complaints with no evidence and lots of players quit because they were betray and all their valuables were looted. Im not actually sure its at all to do with duping aspects.

take away diamond sell sign from the market for one week so people can cool the fuck down. they drain over 1mil a week from mr.light - Pointless, what difference would it make, It would just be a free for all at the sign at the end of the week, mrlight would be drained just as quickly, but the sales of diamonds would come in one sudden rush rather than a turbulent flow which is the case now.

make money restriction amount smaller, look at the fucking money pole it is crazy - at the moment there isn't one, kittymakescakes has been steadily at /bal top for about 3 weeks now

give power mods the kill command - Its a bit pointless really, not sure why they would need it.

give head enforcers more perms - such as? head enforcer is a lateral movement from Power mod

give dark lord more perms so it is worth buying - Imo, I agree with this a bit, however kit opple and a second prot are the gems in that one, you have no idea how much cash you can make off just kit oppling 4 times a day.

give every staff social spy - divided on this one, defiantly think trials should not get it, I guess its all about abuse issues, personally I think enforcer+ could have it with no harm being done.

ban teleportation into towns ( as in enemy tping people into towns ) - Not a great deal of point in this one, id love it to happen considering I own a town, but its not at all raider friendly, which the server intends to be by having wartime.

have more time zone diverse staff members- Fair evaluation, but GLD attracts 3 main areas, Europe ranging from the Uk to Norway, American and canada, and Australia and newzeland, few exceptions being advaith and clev. It narrows it down when most players are between a set selection of timezones, and between those timezones, there are a decent number of staff.
    [SIZE=5][COLOR="#DAA520"]King[/COLOR] [[COLOR="#DAA520"]TUSK[/COLOR]:[COLOR="#40E0D0"]NA[/COLOR]][COLOR="#DAA520"][MGS][/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"] >>[/COLOR][COLOR="#990000"]Head[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Mod[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]<<[/COLOR] [COLOR="#990000"]K[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]ind[/COLOR]

[/SIZE]

1) I agree. It is useless and barely anyone uses it.

2) yeah we still need chat violation rules. It just gets a bit annoying how staff will warn a player brand new to the server for saying the word gay or something. Players don't help either. Someone will join the server and 2 minutes later go pvping. When they die they say that's gay, and automatically ever player on the server yells: "OMG CHAT VIOOOOOOO WARRRNNNN!" And the kid gets warned for breaking a rule he never knew existed and few other servers have.

3) not sure what you mean by 'linear' but when a player breaks a rule willingly they should be punished accordingly. There's a protocol that is set in stone purposefully to teach people that rules are meant to be followed and should be at all times.

4) no. Please do not shorten trial periods. When I was trial it took me about 2 weeks to get the confidence to start making decisions on my own. The trials need that extra week or two to get really comfortable. And for the love of... Pleeease don't cut the price. If people want to get trial they get it legit or they pay a lot to prove they want it. Paying 40$ is not showing devotion to the position, which is necessary in deciding who gets it.

5) sure

6) ehhh. Rw was smart in getting rid of this. It's prevents abuse among the people out of hatred or a sudden argument. When you add someone to your prot and then you guys fight and he griefs your crap, you want reimbursement and start all these arguments that could have been avoided if you kept your stuff to yourself.

7) there is no money to drain if you can't sell anything.

8) yes pls +1

9) pointless

10) they have power mod perms. Also pointless

11) yes please oh my gosh. Literally 3/4 of the perms were removed. The only perm that we still have is /hat which got removed for the chunk. And head dropper which like every rank has. We need more perks for a 250$ rank before you add a new more expensive one...

12) heck no. The whole purpose of enforcers not having ss is so that mods can talk crap about them in message

13) this is literally the most pointless thing on here. The whole purpose of wartime is to bomb everything. How are we supposed to enforce people tping others into towns. We can't lol

14) we do. Most of them don't do anything. Lol.

Oh lax chat...

Thread Information