Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    It can only be Elsewb... Skilled Miner's Avatar

Idea for promoting GLDesert

I bet everyone is well aware at how fast our server is declining in amount of players. Hundreds upon hundreds used to join, back in the days when I was starting, but now only 20 to 40 are on at any given time.

Luckily, there is a solution.

To increase our total amount of players, we can use youtube. Gaining subscribers would be important, and would grow our community notably fast. However, I know a server owned by other minecraft youtubers, which are very popular, which could be an opportunity to grow GLDesert's player population.

This server is unique, because they allow accounts linked to youtube channels with a certain amount of subs to have a rank that promotes the specified player's channel. I will not name this server or its owners, but I will say that their average amount of players is about 1,000 every second of the day. It won't be easy, but once we grow our channel to hundreds of subscribers, this may actually be possible to do.

[RetiredBuilder] Skilled

Add me on skype: skilled.miner

Camel Master Desert Sage
    That's a good idea Skilled Miner I can advertise on other servers that I know I won't get banned on because the owner isn't like that and Joan if it's ok I will advertise for this server just to keep it up.

Enforcer Desert Sage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BJcoolkid View Post
    That's a good idea Skilled Miner I can advertise on other servers that I know I won't get banned on because the owner isn't like that and Joan if it's ok I will advertise for this server just to keep it up.
    You're not allowed to advertise GLD on other servers...
    [img]http://gld.bz/s/SockHeadx86[/img]
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]"mildly demoted but possibly also retired staff member"[/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TlOilPO.gif[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SockHeadx86 View Post
    You're not allowed to advertise GLD on other servers...
    #Insta-ban 4 advertise.

http://tinypic.com/r/359bkae/8
    [SIZE=3][COLOR="#00FFFF"][B][U]"I think, therefore I fuck people up."[/U][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]
    [COLOR="#008000"][U][B][SIZE=4][Premium]Planettaco[/SIZE][/B][/U][/COLOR]
    [IMG]https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR53g1Q02UNou1Co3doqK7qLKDqcwZ5MvHPAwZcaFzJxb9Cm2ppzA[/IMG]

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Also if we want more people to join figure out why the number of people dropped, address the cause of the deficit. Post your ideas as to what the problem is, i think it was that when the server reset everyone didn't wanna start over again.

Sand Lover Nomad
    Quote Originally Posted by nonojang View Post
    Also if we want more people to join figure out why the number of people dropped, address the cause of the deficit. Post your ideas as to what the problem is, i think it was that when the server reset everyone didn't wanna start over again.
    You're not going to get a general consensus of why there's a dropping of players.
    There's just too much sample room and so many different reasons.
    To be honest youtube might work, but the best thing to do is put of "promotional" stuff via youtube i.e "join now and get a special starter kit."

While this is a great idea, I think a lot of the issue is getting players to stay on the server. The amount of players who stay could increase greatly if the playing experience was developed more for non donors. This would mean making PvP more fair for non donors (specifically debuffing McMMO a bit), granting easier access to materials/places that could protect their towns and gear, and decreasing the amount of time that it takes for non-donors to start and create a town. And going along with the 'protecting you gear' aspect of this, someone could make a video that would help show non-donors how to protect their gear and towns (I would gladly make this myself) and have the link to the video as an announcement that would come up regularly. There is so much more to this, but I just tried to outline some of the major problems that prevent us from keeping players.

Asshole whose opinions now mean nothing. NovaDragoon's Avatar
    1. Actually give non-donors a chance
    2. Make the donor ranks less "op"
    3. IMO, remove mcmmo. It makes ppl who pay for 800 axes and fucking bullshit like that untouchable

Quote Originally Posted by NovaDragoon View Post
    1. Actually give non-donors a chance
    2. Make the donor ranks less "op"
    3. IMO, remove mcmmo. It makes ppl who pay for 800 axes and fucking bullshit like that untouchable
    As much as I agree to take away McMMO, it wont happen. Too many people have paid for it and so, if they removed it, people would most likely chargeback.

Quote Originally Posted by XzJeremyzX View Post
    As much as I agree to take away McMMO, it wont happen. Too many people have paid for it and so, if they removed it, people would most likely chargeback.
    This is why I suggested the skills be debuffed, so people can still use and enjoy the skills, but they won't get an extreme advantage as they do now.

Thread Information