Thread: Uhhhnope.

Uhhhnope.

Not a big fan of Herobrine. Or whatever player was jacking up my stuff. Or whatever it is that's installed that does this. Whatever it was, it was not okay with me.
    It doesn't particularly encourage me to get on and do anything when suddenly doors are going insane, redstone is getting dropped in patterns to say "help", and you're suddenly dealing with sporadic explosions without a single creeper to be seen. Of course it wouldn't help much if you were exploring and took shelter in a bunker for the night. Then suddenly an explosion blows off the top of your structure, so the skeletons and zombies take it upon themselves to start flooding right on in.. Just, no.

It wasn't thrilling, it wasn't scary, it was downright annoying. Not to mention it scared the crap out of my friend, who's not liable to be coming back without some persuasion. Some people aren't in Minecraft for a cheap thrill. This definitely detracts from my relatively high opinion of the server, and I'm legitimately sorry for that.
    Last edited by ChairThief; 05-09-2014 at 01:18 PM.

"May I serve the order honourably."

Blog Entries
    Sorry, it was Bert it seems..
    Sometimes we like to entertain players, keep them on edge.

I don't think this was taking it too far, but I have notified bert that it may be scaring away players.

Want to test this signature out? I made it! Unique to GLD.
    It will automatically update when we make changes to it!

Add this to your sig:
    [ img]http://gld.bz/s/myusername[/img ]
    (Replace myusername with your username, and remove spaces in the [img ] tags!)

Feel free to use it anywhere else you may have a forum account!

Thank you for your help, and for being courteous about the whole thing, I appreciate it.

I'm going to see if I can get my friend (Batzee) to come back, though she was pretty shaken.
    Last edited by ChairThief; 05-09-2014 at 01:20 PM.

I do apologize for this. Most players love the excitement and mystery that comes with my actions, It gives them something to do when bored. I just have to remember it's not for everyone I guess Sorry!

It's alright, I'm not the type to hold grudges, and neither is my friend. She was very happy that you apologized, and so am I. I appreciate it a lot, thank you.
    Last edited by ChairThief; 05-09-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Desert Forum Sage Ancient Sage
    Chair, I like you but you have grammar issues and are being very solemn right now. It is not his fault that your friend is humourless and skittish (no offence). Bert livens up the server with his tricks, games and I don't think that a minority of one out ways the needs of the rest of the server. Bert continue your games and trickery.
    [SIZE=1][COLOR="#0000FF"][FONT=Arial Black]Once upon a timeless time
    On a server whence I came across
    A diverse place with endless possibilities
    And different ethnicities
    A lively realm where I begot
    My minecraft days of which I sought
    Such solitude whereas I may allude
    Reality, some may say thus is vanity
    But what I have come to learn
    In three years of gaming games
    Among the populace of the server
    Naming names when it comes to one called RW
    The significance of thus is of supreme value
    My advice is he is but a subtle admin
    But when he possesses coke and rum
    And when his words look to be kind of glum
    Do not intend to interrogate nor exasperate
    Or you will find yourself in a bind
    Because said subject will be inclined
    To ban your ass if not confined[/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE]

I wouldn't ask him to stop, that's not my goal, nor would it be fair to everyone else who enjoys it.
    However it does do one well to be mindful of whom they prank, and I have a right to let it be known that I'm not into it.
    And now that he knows that Batzee and I aren't fond of it, there's less chance of conflict in the future about the whole thing. Everybody wins, problem solved!

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewroxs View Post
    Chair, I like you but you have grammar issues and are being very solemn right now. It is not his fault that your friend is humourless and skittish (no offence). Bert livens up the server with his tricks, games and I don't think that a minority of one out ways the needs of the rest of the server. Bert continue your games and trickery.
    If I may, it would be in GLD's interest to retain players, so maybe put a warning in Spawn saying "warning! mind the Clusterfuck of explosions that will destroy your shelter and allow mobs to kill you"

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    This thread has become a 'clusterfuck". What ChairThief did was appropriate, it helps staff learn what they can and can't do while making the server more enjoyable to play on. Thanks for the heads ChairThief, if you have any more feedback please feel free to share it!

Thread Information