Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We need this.

the old server was op and awesome so take this new shit out and make it like it used to be
    [Head Builder] Light

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    The new server was made because people were tired of OP shit

Now people like sportslegoninja and fuballamericano run pvp with their p5 and sharp 5 axes and pets... oh my god...

OKAT I DELETED UNCLE GRANDPA! HAPPY NOW BITCH?

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieKira View Post
    Now people like sportslegoninja and fuballamericano run pvp with their p5 and sharp 5 axes and pets... oh my god...
    It's either sell the items or shut down the server.

Sand Addict Desert Sage
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieKira View Post
    They still suck though so it's ok

Well, as far as the economy goes, if you take the real world for example to be able to sustain a stable economy you need income as well as outcome (Buying and selling things) so it can be regulated so that you don't have to restrict things, still be non-op and but not be have good stuff being quite hard to get and eventually just getting boring, it just needs to be balanced.

Okay, I'll post a reply with less "fuckings".
    Now the new GLD was created to make everything fair, correct? Yes.
    It worked for a while but it couldn't last for 1 reason. Donations. Every donor (pretty much) was angry that half their perms were taken away. They even made the protlands smaller (128x128 to 80x80 and 64x64 to 40x40 and 32x32 to 20x20). Quite a few stopped playing. The people who did donate broke the system by buying spawners, pets and OP shit. This is where the fairness collapsed.
    I say we restart GLD (again) but with a few changes.

1. Spawners are available from the market for 50k each.
    2. Protlands are put to normal size and can be put anywhere. Protlands allowed big towns to grow.
    3. People who bought stuff ingame (such as PvP kits and Spawners and Arrow Packs) should get some kind of repayment for the donations.
    4. There should be more middle-class ranks, that way upgrades are cheaper and more people will buy them.
    5. Infinate Money, that is what made the server fun. You could be rich and powerful and you could get there quickly! PvP is funner and life is easier.
    6. Anvils, the dupers can do what they like, we've got mods for a reason.
    7. A PMC page.
    [Head Builder] Light

Have a guideline for manners? Have people cut back on their swearing? Perhaps enforce cutting down on default/low rank bashing? An all around higher standard for social behaviour in chat and in game?

"May I serve the order honourably."

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
    Oh yeah, and we need spawners in the market and GET RID OF THE FUCKING LIGHTSTONE CAP and NOT HAVE FUCKING STUPID SMALLER PROT LANDS THAT ARE IN SHIT SET PLACES oh yeah and WE NEED TO CHANGE THE FUCKING TP TIMER and PUT IRON BACK IN THE MARKET and FUCKING REINTRODUCE ANVILS (I agree now) and FUCKING GIVE CERTAIN ITEMS SET PRICES AND MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO SELL ITEMS FOR UNDER THE FUCKING PRICE (Like prot 4 for $50k rather than $10k a set, that way people like me will not get scammed. I traded a spawner for 3 beacons when beacons were worth 10k and spawners 150k, also it will add value and people will not give shit deals) AND we need a plugin that RESETS CHUNKS without PLAYER PLACED CHESTS also we need to FUCKING ALLOW ADMINS TO SELL EXTREMELY ILLEGAL ITEMS and just FUCKING MAKE THE SERVER BACK TO THE FUCKING RIDICULOUS MESS IT WAS INSTEAD OF THIS DICTATING SHIT.
    Oh yeah, and we need spawners in the market
    Why so you can make more money off of selling grinder set homes? They were removed because grinders can cause immense amounts of lag.

GET RID OF THE FUCKING LIGHTSTONE CAP
    I don't think there is one.. if there is it's set to above 5million... NO ONE NEEDS MORE THAN 5MILLION LIGHT STONES.

NOT HAVE FUCKING STUPID SMALLER PROT LANDS THAT ARE IN SHIT SET PLACES
    It was set like this to prevent the map from being torn to shit by players. Same reason we made map griefing illegal.

WE NEED TO CHANGE THE FUCKING TP TIMER
    Don't you play the server? It's been gone for around a day or 2 now...

PUT IRON BACK IN THE MARKET
    This would just ruin the economy.. Iron grinders would be an unlimited supply of money. THIS WOULD DOOM THE ECONOMY

FUCKING REINTRODUCE ANVILS
    This I agree with, I think they should be brought back into GLD mainly because the server is an intense PVP based server. If you can do it in vanilla then why not on GLD? Then again the dupe glitch may still exist, if it does then I take back my agreement.

FUCKING GIVE CERTAIN ITEMS SET PRICES AND MAKE IT ILLEGAL TO SELL ITEMS FOR UNDER THE FUCKING PRICE (Like prot 4 for $50k rather than $10k a set, that way people like me will not get scammed. I traded a spawner for 3 beacons when beacons were worth 10k and spawners 150k, also it will add value and people will not give shit deals)
    Why would we do this? It helps create a competitive economy like in real life. You don't have to sell for such a cheap price. if you feel like it's a fluke trade then don't trade. Very simple.

We need a plugin that RESETS CHUNKS without PLAYER PLACED CHESTS
    The amount of lag this would cause... If the map is 30,000x30,000 imagine all the chunks that would be resetting constantly. I also don't think this would work since GLD uses a custom map, then again i'm not sure.

Also we need to FUCKING ALLOW ADMINS TO SELL EXTREMELY ILLEGAL ITEMS
    What? Clarify please.

FUCKING MAKE THE SERVER BACK TO THE FUCKING RIDICULOUS MESS IT WAS INSTEAD OF THIS DICTATING SHIT.
    More than half of the old server wanted a change, they did not enjoy the constantly OP PVP fights. Why would we change the WHOLE SERVER JUST FOR YOUR OPINION?! We do appreciate your input but honestly, you need to think of the whole server. Next time you have an idea or suggestion please don't rage it. It's a bit annoying.

-If you reply please don't use major caps like you did up there^ It's hard to read. Excuse any mistakes, it's late.

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairThief View Post
    Have a guideline for manners? Have people cut back on their swearing? Perhaps enforce cutting down on default/low rank bashing? An all around higher standard for social behaviour in chat and in game?
    Have a guideline for manners? Have people cut back on their swearing?
    We do have a code of conduct, but mostly we don't believe in censorship; that's what has made GLD such a popular server before.

Perhaps enforce cutting down on default/low rank bashing?
    Once again we don't really enjoy censoring people unless it involves degoretory/racial incidents. Feel free to lash back at them. If it gets out of hand or you feel like some rule is broken be sure to report it to a staff member! We will be glad to investigate any issues.

An all around higher standard for social behaviour in chat and in game?
    ^^^^

- Excuse any mistakes, it's late.

Thread Information