Thread: Anvils

Anvils

I feel that we should bring anvils back to GLD. As we all know, there has been an enormous popularity drop. I'd say theres an average of 10 people online, but on old GLD there was usually 150-200. Because of this, not enough donations are coming in, therefore GLD is not getting much income to help support the server. I would hate to see GLD die. That is why I am proposing the idea to resurrect anvils. At the moment, it is almost impossible to get the enchantment you want. This is why I feel many old players and new players have been quitting. It is too much work to get a sharpness axe and a set of p4 unb3. The main difference between old GLD and new GLD was the anvils. If you do bring back anvils I think many new players would come back to GLD, and it may live once again. You don't even have to give defaults the perms to anvils, if there is a giant concern of everyone getting OP gear. You can make anvils usable by ST/VIP up, because those ranks don't give you much anyways and need a buff. Also, OP gear balances itself out. I feel that it is actually more balanced with OP gear. Currently fights only last for about 3 seconds. This is because it is hard to get enchanted armor, and str2+axes is a 3 shot to plain armor. If everyone had p4 armor, it would make fights last longer. Also, the few people lucky enough to get their hands on a sharp axe rule PvP and there is not much you can do about it. In a sense it would make GLD less OP. Please, Bring back anvils, bring back GLD.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominick621 View Post
    I feel that we should bring anvils back to GLD. As we all know, there has been an enormous popularity drop. I'd say theres an average of 10 people online, but on old GLD there was usually 150-200. Because of this, not enough donations are coming in, therefore GLD is not getting much income to help support the server. I would hate to see GLD die. That is why I am proposing the idea to resurrect anvils. At the moment, it is almost impossible to get the enchantment you want. This is why I feel many old players and new players have been quitting. It is too much work to get a sharpness axe and a set of p4 unb3. The main difference between old GLD and new GLD was the anvils. If you do bring back anvils I think many new players would come back to GLD, and it may live once again. You don't even have to give defaults the perms to anvils, if there is a giant concern of everyone getting OP gear. You can make anvils usable by ST/VIP up, because those ranks don't give you much anyways and need a buff. Also, OP gear balances itself out. I feel that it is actually more balanced with OP gear. Currently fights only last for about 3 seconds. This is because it is hard to get enchanted armor, and str2+axes is a 3 shot to plain armor. If everyone had p4 armor, it would make fights last longer. Also, the few people lucky enough to get their hands on a sharp axe rule PvP and there is not much you can do about it. In a sense it would make GLD less OP. Please, Bring back anvils, bring back GLD.
    I agree to you, honestly I think it would be quite balanced between 100% repair and regular anvils, if you have 100% repair you will be able to repair instantly, if you use regular anvils you'll need xp which will take a time to grind. Which will make so people with 100% repair still have a advantage, but it isn't way to op.

However I think you shouldn't be able to make sharp axes, they are just way to op.

GLD is going down the drain as you said. Maybe GLD could have a huge update, and when that update is released, we can have a massive drop party. These are ideas for the future but now, i'll state what I think we should have PLUGIN wise.

DONATOR RANKS
    For the donator ranks, we should add better things that we can donate for. We don't need pvp things, just cool features in general. I don't think that anvils should only be used by S-T and up. Finding old plugins that can be re-added to ranks, and possibly more. Ranks like dlord are really just for more pay2winpvp. Adding more to the donation page would interest more players into buying, and old players to upgrade. I have no motivation to pay for risen titan any time soon. It's just if I want pvp gear and thats pretty much it. I don't need bigger protected regions are a private world, I have single player for that.

THINGS ANYONE CAN GET
    I think we should add Anvil liscenses which you can either spend maybe $5.00 on, or buy them at the market for 250k maybe. This would prevent brand new people from getting them really quickly, but they have to work to get it. Mob spawners could be added to the market. We can lower the prices of mob spawners for donations to maybe $2.50. It would make people want to buy them more, since they are cheaper, therefore getting more donations. Adding mob spawners to the market is an okay idea, but it wouldnt really help gld's donations increase. Sharpness books should not be added, and sharpness axes should disappear in the pvp care package. Weekly raffles could be cool also, with a prize of maybe 1 set of p4 unb3. Another thing that could be added, is a 1v1 arena at spawn.

Please add to this! I don't want to see GLD go either, I love this server!

OKAT I DELETED UNCLE GRANDPA! HAPPY NOW BITCH?

Blog Entries
    Don't forget the RPG plugin I'm working on. It adds a ton of special things that can work either work alongside mcmmo, use its own system, or have another plugin tweak its skills. You can also have multiple of these set up at the same time.
    Every GLD Economy/Feature Request Thread:

Dune Wanderer Desert Sage

Anvils are cool

I just want anvils, there cool

Grain Of Sand Ancient Sage
    I agree very much with all of your ideas! LeslieKira's post was the best though.

Administrator Ancient Sage
    Part of this popularity drop of GLD is because of the Map reset, new "policy" and or "staff" (those are intentional quotes around staff) and because of censorship and the attempt at marketing the server to a "younger audience" chances are if the kids on a server with random people from around the world, they can google stuff and would almost certainly know what ***** **** **** **** ** ** or even ************ means. Point being loosen language restrictions, make a time machine and undo map reset (actually don't do that then I would have to relive this year) analways (thats intentional) take a look at the staff a little more closely and maybe just maybe figure out what you guys were doing in the olden days that attracted people. (not in a weird way) This concludes my posts that have most likely angered, enraged, sickened, bored, worried, stressed, demoralized, degraded, happy, and most of all confused. Please note I let my mind wander the entire day so my posts have not made sense or been consistent or even though out well, I was rude and kind of a jerk and I apologize for that, but these are my brutally honest opinions and I wish you farewell

Thread Information