Joining protlands

OK so recently my cousin in real life (xXtrent123Xx) Has been asking for help at his protland for a while. I have convinced him to donate so that we could build together. I asked multiple staff members to be added to his protland and they told me that it is illegal. Due to previous grief acts they assume that I will do the same to my cousin. Since I was once the same rank as him (Risen Titan atm) I should be allowed to join his protland. After all, we are blood related. Another reason I think this is stupid is because with Risen Titan rank it is totally fine to add someone to your protland but it is strictly illegal with and other donation ranks. I really hope this is taken into deep thought because if you add someone to your prot it should be your descision and not the staff members. If you are greifed than it is your fault. Overall I think this rule is basically stupid.

Thanks
    Yours Truly, Ryanrockstar19

On the face of it, it may look as simple as you portray it, but I remind you that we put this rule into effect at the relaunch of the server because we had seen years of experience of what freedom for users to add other people to their prot lands enabled- namely, lots of griefing and other problems for the staff to have to police. While it's all very good that you can say 'oh, that's my cousin' or 'that's my best friend he or she would never do that', we've seen countless times that for every time it works out swimmingly, there are dozens of times it doesn't.

"So just let that happen, it should be the user's responsibility" you say.

Try telling that to the user. Everybody- everybody is willing to accept responsibility to get all their bestest friends onto their prot land. Fact.

But when one of those friends turns around and destroys it, steals everything, or even just that they have a fight IRL and start messing with eachother on the server- all that leads back to more trouble for the staff, more users complaining that the staff have to, should have, must do something about it- and it also was one of the top causes of chargebacks on the old server.

And I can understand the reason people make those chargebacks- after all, usually everything they own is gone. I'm not saying stealing the money you paid 'back' is a correct response, but I can understand why it happens.

That's why we have this rule and have remained strict on it- and why we relaxed it on Risen Titans- because at that tier of donation there's a certain assumption that users will behave relatively mature enough to not jeopardize their relationship with the server. But for lower ranks it's still problematic.

Still, edge cases like yours do exist, and while you are a trustworthy individual as far as I know, there are lots of users who would lie about their relationship with another user to get them added to their prot land, so at this juncture we are not willing to completely rescind that rule.

Instead, we are looking into alternatives, like perhaps some sort of time-limited adding of a single user to a land for building purposes. The exact details would still need to be worked out, but it's definitely something we can consider for the future.

Hey, thanks for responding.

I do understand the points that you are saying however, you should not allow charge backs unless it is approved by the staff. Simply, a rule before donations that states that ranks are not refundable under strict circumstances. Also, I really do think it should be up to the players to decide whether or not they will allow people onto to their plot because after all, it is their property and they paid for it. But i do understand your reasons. Hopefully an alternative will pop up but until then I'll be waiting.

Thanks
    Ryan ...... P.S i never said "So just let that happen, it should be the user's responsibility"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryanrockstar19 View Post
    you should not allow charge backs unless it is approved by the staff. Simply, a rule before donations that states that ranks are not refundable under strict circumstances.
    We already have that... and chargebacks aren't allowed at all, it usually results in a ban if you do.
    [SIZE=5][COLOR="#DAA520"]King[/COLOR] [[COLOR="#DAA520"]TUSK[/COLOR]:[COLOR="#40E0D0"]NA[/COLOR]][COLOR="#DAA520"][MGS][/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"] >>[/COLOR][COLOR="#990000"]Head[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Mod[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]<<[/COLOR] [COLOR="#990000"]K[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]ind[/COLOR]

[/SIZE]

Desert Drama Queen Ancient Sage
    P.S i never said "So just let that happen, it should be the user's responsibility"
    He was pre-responding to what he thought would probably be your next reason.

This is an interesting topic for discussion. Would it be possible to have timed permissions to prot lands? Like your "friend" could only access it for 2 hours or so.
    [Head Builder] Light

Quote Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
    This is an interesting topic for discussion. Would it be possible to have timed permissions to prot lands? Like your "friend" could only access it for 2 hours or so.
    That's a really good idea Blu. I'd expect that's possible, just need someone who knows what they're doing to write the plugin.
    Buddha say, "How do I get my pee-pee out of a soda can?"

Thread Information