Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Tjhod7 View Post
    So this is going to be battle of the servers, bigger servers will be makeing money and be alloud to keep their donation perms but we won't so if we get bigger then we might be able to but whilst we cannot donate Nd make joannou money then the other servers are they will be makeing money so they can get bigger and better which is pulling players away from us and other servers where they allmost live off of donations.

A real low blow for everyone really

Also if someone oils forward this to Mojan--> we are not making money off of your product, we are making it off of other peoples plugins, /fly u need a plugin /VG (god mode) you need a plugin /d you need a plugin, do you see where I am going your product is 1 person who rules over everyone who has the power to not die and kill everyone whilst we don't we are only aloud to build houses and fight against each other, that is your product, what we make out of it is pay to get more perks and get closer and closer to the 'god' of the server, and to do that YOU NEED PLUGINS which other people have made and some are yours, if you want to check want plugins people are using then go ahead, their are many smart people out there that know all about codling and could make us a custom plugin, so if you take away peoples ability to get donations of a game that over half the world knows about and plays then go ahead, we'll see how many players you lose and how many people have to go into debt because some people live off of donations.
    Now either listen to the voice in your head, or the people who play your game.
    I couldnt read this, please specify what you are trying to say

OKAT I DELETED UNCLE GRANDPA! HAPPY NOW BITCH?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LeslieKira View Post
    I couldnt read this, please specify what you are trying to say
    Mind if I help?

So, this is going to be battle of the servers. Bigger servers will be making money and be allowed to keep their donation perms, but we won't. If we get bigger then we might be able to, but since we cannot donate and make joannou money, other servers will be making money. Then, they can get bigger and better, which is pulling players away from us and other servers, where they almost live off of donations.

A real bad thing for everyone, really.

Also, if someone could forward this to Mojang --> As the Minecraft community, we are not making money off of your product. We are making it off of other peoples' creations, which we have been given full access to. To run the command /fly, you need a plugin. /vg (god mode) requires a plugin. /d requires a plugin. Do you see where I am going here? Making money off your product would be having someone buy the ability to who rule over everyone, who purchased invulnerability and instant kills. We don't do that sort of thing. We are only allowed to build houses and fight against each other in different modes. It doesn't necessarily give one person an advantage over another, but it lets the purchaser experience different gameplay. Your product, which you claim is the thing we are making money off of, is only a small portion of their donation. What we make out of it is what we sell to give players a better experience while playing our server. To do that YOU NEED PLUGINS, which people OUTSIDE OF MOJANG have made, all by themselves. Don't you think they deserve at least some money from that? If you want to check what plugins people are using then go ahead. There are many smart people out there that know all about programming, and could make us a custom plugin. So if you take away peoples ability to get donations of a game that over HALF THE WORLD KNOWS ABOUT, then go ahead. We'll see how many players you lose, and how much your company suffers. Not only that, but some people who literally have payed staff and spend thousands of dollars on their servers each month will go into bankruptcy.

Now. Either listen to the voice in your head, or get your shit together and listen to the people who play your game.

I fixed the grammar, and made the basic message easier to understand.

P.S. Tj, I don't mean to be offensive torwards your grammar, just trying to help people understand what you were saying.
    Every GLD Economy/Feature Request Thread:

Blog Entries
    Thx itroll, I was in a rush when typing that
    "Death, it's a path we all must take to complete our lives"
    [UniCorn] Tjhod

L33T H4X0Rzz Ancient Sage
    What about buycraft? Mojang may force all donations to go through them and be emailed to the account email for confirmation before it works... which will make ignoring that impossible.
    Last edited by jnmcd; 07-17-2014 at 02:39 PM.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bAyEOIi.png[/IMG]
    [img]http://gld.bz/s/jnmcd[/img]

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    I think buycraft is legally another company so I'm not sure that mojang can do that.

It can only be Elsewb... Mercenary
    Armageddon is 10 hours away. Good luck, I'm bailing out before all the servers get slammed.

Also, I'd recommend looking through the server code to ensure there isn't a backend for Mojang to deactivate the server directly. There's been talk of something like that alongside auth bans. Hopefully GLD weathers this well.
    Last edited by Rayblon; 07-31-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

Blog Entries
    Just something funny, I was reading the EULA to clear things up and I saw this line.

The law in most countries says that we can‘t disclaim liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence so if your computer gets up and stabs you because of something we‘ve done wrong then we‘ll take the hit on that.
    Also, this line is important to read:
    If we want we can terminate this EULA if you breach the terms. You can terminate it too, at any time, all you have to do is uninstall the Game from your computer and the EULA will be terminated. If the EULA is terminated, you will no longer be allowed to play our Game.
    Every GLD Economy/Feature Request Thread:

It can only be Elsewb... Mercenary
    The EULA is the contract that licenses you to use services defined in said contract. If they terminate your contract, you, legally, have no right to their services anymore.

The reason they have the death and injury line is because they know at least several dozen people are going to slit their throats because of this. It absolves them of any actions on the user's part that causes personal injury.
    [CENTER][URL=http://www.nodiatis.com/personality.htm][IMG]http://www.nodiatis.com/pub/21.jpg[/IMG][/URL][/CENTER]

To be honest I highly doubt Mojang will sue any server, it will just make their reputation worse. The only thing I think mojang might do is to send DMCA takedown notices to the host. And because gld is hosted with ovh in canada, and ovh is a company registered in french & canada ovh won't need to follow the dmca notice ;p but IANAL.

Thread Information