Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Something has to happen.

Something needs to change. It's not about what needs to take place to make GLD better, it's about what needs to change to make GLD survive. Just months ago we had 100+ players. As of yet, we average 15 or so. Something happened that people didn't like and we need to figure that out. We needs everyone's feedback. What should we do to keep GLD running. If we don't figure out how to bring back our players it doesn't look so good for the server we know and love.

There used to be towns of 60 people and more. Donations every 2 minutes with players spamming grats to not only the player who donated, but to Joan who would use that money to make GLD better. It seems like we reset the map to start over and make new players, and they left. We joined a hub to bring in more players, players actually left.

We have removed so many things from GLD, and now we need to figure out what to do and add in order to keep it alive. My opinion might not be accurate, but I don't see GLD surviving the next few months without at least 70 people playing and most of all donating.

Since we spammed up chat talking about it, think about your suggestions thoroughly. Truly say what you want to say and don't hold back. The least it could do is help. And we need help.

Now that I think about it, the player base started diminishing rapidly about the time I got staff. Holy crap, what have I done?
    Buddha say, "How do I get my pee-pee out of a soda can?"

I think that the whole desert thing is getting really, really old and boring now. Sure, it completely explains GLD and it makes GLD unique but there are tons upon tons of new biomes to explore with the updates, some that I didn't even realize were in the game because I've been playing the server so long. Maybe we can keep the desert thing but not have it ALL desert, just so we can explore other nice biomes.

Another thing is towny, towny is getting very boring too. It used to be extremely popular but now the superior one is factions, factions offers a more noob-friendly start as factions don't cost any money at all to make.

We need to advertise again. I don't understand why we're not.

I'll add more points later.
    Last edited by Jeremy9600; 07-25-2014 at 11:07 AM.

I honestly believe most of the donator perks that disappeared was one of the main problems. I would have a blast spawning in mobs to level up my unamred and axes. I would sit there for hours smiling every time I leveled up. Now the staff are strict about every rule and won't really let you have fun. You can't even do that much things because of staff. Also I loved how we had freedom, we could add people to our protland, had much bigger land, and choose where our protland went. I just think GLD needs to let us have more freedom on what we can do.

Yeah, higher opinions carry more distance. Anyway, I feel like we need to add all of the biomes. Yes GLD can stay GLD, but players (especially myself) get really tired of traveling a desert for hours on end. Finding a jungle temple or the like is what drives players to servers where every biome is being utilized, like it should be.

I also feel like we need to add brand new ranks. Ranks that are not only 400 USD, but those that start from the beginning at cheap costs, and go all throughout our already existent ranks. I know it will be a lot of work adding brand new ranks and packages, but if you want the server to survive it needs to happen. Not every noob that joins GLD has 1000$ to spend on a minecraft server, so little ranks costing a few dollars is enough, considering that's more than what's being brought in currently.

Also, we need to add brand new things to the server that make it more interesting. Where did mini games go? Stuff like that keeps people on the server a lot more. I am more than willing to commit time to monitoring or moderating any extra activities, as I know they'll keep players coming. We also need to add new things like /auc (Just an example.) Popular plugins that the players enjoy and make the server fun. Keeping what you have now just to keep GLD a desert is really actually boring honestly.

Lastly, why on Earth aren't we advertising? The money made on GLD shouldn't be going into opening new servers if we don't already have ours stable. We need to advertise a lot more before and mostly AFTER revamping everything and adding a lot of new things to GLD.

That's just my opinion, and I would appreciate others'.

I'm gonna quote kerrus on why we dont allow people to add others to their prot
    On the face of it, it may look as simple as you portray it, but I remind you that we put this rule into effect at the relaunch of the server because we had seen years of experience of what freedom for users to add other people to their prot lands enabled- namely, lots of griefing and other problems for the staff to have to police. While it's all very good that you can say 'oh, that's my cousin' or 'that's my best friend he or she would never do that', we've seen countless times that for every time it works out swimmingly, there are dozens of times it doesn't.

"So just let that happen, it should be the user's responsibility" you say.

Try telling that to the user. Everybody- everybody is willing to accept responsibility to get all their bestest friends onto their prot land. Fact.

But when one of those friends turns around and destroys it, steals everything, or even just that they have a fight IRL and start messing with eachother on the server- all that leads back to more trouble for the staff, more users complaining that the staff have to, should have, must do something about it- and it also was one of the top causes of chargebacks on the old server.

And I can understand the reason people make those chargebacks- after all, usually everything they own is gone. I'm not saying stealing the money you paid 'back' is a correct response, but I can understand why it happens.

That's why we have this rule and have remained strict on it- and why we relaxed it on Risen Titans- because at that tier of donation there's a certain assumption that users will behave relatively mature enough to not jeopardize their relationship with the server. But for lower ranks it's still problematic.

Still, edge cases like yours do exist, and while you are a trustworthy individual as far as I know, there are lots of users who would lie about their relationship with another user to get them added to their prot land, so at this juncture we are not willing to completely rescind that rule.

Instead, we are looking into alternatives, like perhaps some sort of time-limited adding of a single user to a land for building purposes. The exact details would still need to be worked out, but it's definitely something we can consider for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by 10logster10 View Post
    I honestly believe most of the donator perks that disappeared was one of the main problems. I would have a blast spawning in mobs to level up my unamred and axes. I would sit there for hours smiling every time I leveled up. Now the staff are strict about every rule and won't really let you have fun. You can't even do that much things because of staff. Also I loved how we had freedom, we could add people to our protland, had much bigger land, and choose where our protland went. I just think GLD needs to let us have more freedom on what we can do.
    This is a great point. All of the perks that players paid money for are gone. Things as simple as trampoline bed made me enjoy my rank. I loved mob spawn. That was the easiest way to level mcmmo.

Also, if you play other servers (pretty much every existing server) there are NO restrictions like we have on GLD. While anvils are back i'm going to use this point because i'm sure it drove people away from GLD while they were gone.

No server I know didn't allow the use of anvils, or perks that the players paid for. Any popular server that removed paid for perks just because they made the server "OP" lost players or would lose players undoubtedly. You can't restrict take away things that make minecraft what it is just to prevent an OP server. OP isn't such a bad thing. Servers with OP PVP and prot 10000 armour and sharp 1000 tools bring in hundreds of players, actually.

It can only be Elsewb... XxTheSomeonexX's Avatar
    The problem isnt that GLD doesnt have enough ranks, its that the current ranks aren't really good enough. I know a lot of people have mentioned this before, but more perks and abilities should be added. Things on the old server like the wolf pen at spawn, trampoline beds, and mob spawning were what really made GLD fun and unique. The perks didn't need to be OP, they were just fun to mess with. And they still don't need to be. Honestly, Joan could add so many OP perks and ranks it would be ridiculous, but it wouldn't help make money or keep players.

Another thing. There should be more abilities for defaults too. When you log onto a server and see someone flying around disguised as a sheep, you get excited about being able to do that yourself. But when you find out it costs $100, you kinda get a little disappointed.

To go with that, what if there was:
    1) Non-Donor ranks, ones that you could buy with lightstones.
    2) A way for donation/item trades to happen easier.

If non-donors could get ranks with in-game money and have more abilities without having to spend real money, then it can motivate them to stay longer and purchase ranks in the future. The in-game ranks wouldn't be as powerful as donation ranks, but they would be able to have more fun than with a non-donor rank alone. Also right now, if you want to give someone items or money to donate for you, the best way to make it happen is to make a forums post and post a link in chat, and even then its hard to find someone to actually buy it for you. I don't know how, but if there was an easier way to find out who has money to spend and who has an offer ready, then donations could come in a little easier.

Give us the fun crap back and make some changes. Examples:
    Player disguise
    Mob spawn
    Vanish
    Selling iron and gold blocks
    Fix the market prices back to normal
    Actually let players opinions matter ( don't even act like they do I know firsthand)
    MrLight. Need I say more.
    Let us get the 800 McMMo without having to buy it.
    Portable Furnace, which I have been suggesting for months (see point 3 above)
    Hurry up with spawn, it looks like something that would take me 3'hours to build with world edit.
    Aside from just market prices, especially make diamonds 6.4k per stack again.
    Get new plug ins to add variety.
    That shop where it's like 75k to fully repair any item with all enchants.
    Start using some money to advertise.
    More kits. Like, why did you take away kit cake and kit TNT? And add some more.
    Like Sparkey said, why make all these new servers and start pumping them out? Make a server amazing (I'm pretty sure everyone would love GL Survival games) and it was supposed to be out like 2 years ago. We actually had people back then and would have gotten donations for it. Sky block is boring as fuck and if that's costing you money I would stop it.
    Bouncy beds
    PvP tournaments with set rules hosted by staff (not like FFA or KOTH, like 1v1s and 2v2s)
    More fun mini games hosted by players. Ex: spleef, parkour, simon says, red light green light, ect.
    Update VBulliten please :/
    Fishing for the diamond tools again, sharp axes are a thing now so why not
    Fix bugs ( axes is a big example now. "Ooh but we are trying" no you're working on sky wars, which will most likely flop like sky block if you don't try and just pump it out. Fix everything on the main server first then work on Side servers.
    Get connections with other servers, sort of like the chunk. It doesn't have to be a big hub, you can just have like a portal that goes to another server and they have a portal that goes to ours.
    Take out some of the stupid rules. Like, "don't say that to him in chat" fuck you if they don't like it they can ignore it or turn off chat.
    Take out death jail. It just causes problems.
    Chat filter is stupid. Just get rid of it.
    Staff doing what they want because they are staff. A recent complaint was Jeremy complaining about TJ using hacks to kill Jeremy on SkyBlock because Jer was on his plot.
    /feed would be nice as long as you can't use it in combat.

If you want to add more things go ahead. That's all I could think of in 10 minutes and is have to go because I'm on holiday/vacation. Cya.

Quote Originally Posted by Thewardog158 View Post
    Staff doing what they want because they are staff. A recent complaint was Jeremy complaining about TJ using hacks to kill Jeremy on SkyBlock because Jer was on his plot.
    that was sorted out

Thread Information