Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hello.
    GLD has some players. Most log on and then off, and some only stay a month. That's because it is SERIOUSLY hard to a) Get money as a noob b) Start a base as a noob and c) Get tools.
    I suggest this. As a solution for A, listen to toboggan. Put iron ore in the market. For B I have little idea of what to suggest, the noob town is a good idea. For C we need to add tools to the starter kit.
    [Head Builder] Light

It can only be Elsewb... XxTheSomeonexX's Avatar
    Hello.
    GLD has some players. Most log on and then off, and some only stay a month. That's because it is SERIOUSLY hard to a) Get money as a noob b) Start a base as a noob and c) Get tools.
    I suggest this. As a solution for A, listen to toboggan. Put iron ore in the market. For B I have little idea of what to suggest, the noob town is a good idea. For C we need to add tools to the starter kit.
    A staff-run noob town is a good idea. Or at least one thats helped by staff. I tried twice to make a noob only town to help get them started, but It was too hard to have it protected and too expensive to keep alive with no taxes. I think there should be one town (I would volunteer to run the town if no one else wanted to) thats protected from wartime and has no taxes, and only noobs can join.
    Last edited by XxTheSomeonexX; 07-25-2014 at 07:56 PM.

<<--- what Scythe thinks of me

Another thing. raiding is almost IMPOSSIBLE, so I suggest that you cannot have LWCed chests in towns.
    [Head Builder] Light

So many of these threads blaaaaaarg

That is the point of lwc...
    “When the rich wage war it's the poor who die.”
    ― Jean-Paul Sartre

“If you win, you need not have to explain...If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”
    ―Adolf Hitler

"If you carn't have midnight snack why do we have a light in the fridge??"
    -Tia Elise Shauna Wray

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS9...fTfqzCZsSz2aoQ
    Sub to meee! ^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Blu3 View Post
    Another thing. raiding is almost IMPOSSIBLE, so I suggest that you cannot have LWCed chests in towns.
    That is the point of lwc...
    “When the rich wage war it's the poor who die.”
    ― Jean-Paul Sartre

“If you win, you need not have to explain...If you lose, you should not be there to explain!”
    ―Adolf Hitler

"If you carn't have midnight snack why do we have a light in the fridge??"
    -Tia Elise Shauna Wray

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS9...fTfqzCZsSz2aoQ
    Sub to meee! ^^^

:/ If that is the point of LWC what is the point of raiding? :P
    [Head Builder] Light

without locked chests in towns, everyone would just keep their stuff at their prots, which is what they do anyways.
    [SIZE=5][COLOR="#DAA520"]King[/COLOR] [[COLOR="#DAA520"]TUSK[/COLOR]:[COLOR="#40E0D0"]NA[/COLOR]][COLOR="#DAA520"][MGS][/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"] >>[/COLOR][COLOR="#990000"]Head[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Mod[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]<<[/COLOR] [COLOR="#990000"]K[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]ind[/COLOR]

[/SIZE]

GLD has been up for 3 years. Most servers die after about 2. People get bored, same-old-shit gets old.
    Skyblock is nothing new, nothing unique. Mortal was what was going to get GLD out of the rut, that was new, that was fresh. It would have been popular.
    You can't save a server by adding a couple permissions, and that's the sad truth that no one seems to realize.
    GLD still has plenty of money, that's true, but what's the point of advertising your product if no one will buy it?
    Joan and Bert need to figure something out, at this rate the ship is sinking fast.
    Scythe is back baby!

My comments on wardogs suggestions:
    Player disguise - way too abused
    Mob spawn - yes, this would be great, but I think the reason It was removed was because you could /spawnmob creeper 10 on anyone, so suddenly 10 creepers would be infront of them, I suggested we just have passive mobs but still it hasn't been re implimented
    Vanish - lol no
    Selling iron and gold blocks - yes
    Fix the market prices back to normal - yes please
    Actually let players opinions matter ( don't even act like they do I know firsthand) - agreed
    MrLight. Need I say more. - true
    Let us get the 800 McMMo without having to buy it. - ehh, would really piss off those who bought it, but maybe
    Portable Furnace, which I have been suggesting for months (see point 3 above) - apparently its un doable, you would have to stand still and wait
    Hurry up with spawn, it looks like something that would take me 3'hours to build with world edit. - agreed, we're still waiting on joan for full permission as far as im aware
    Aside from just market prices, especially make diamonds 6.4k per stack again.- YES
    Get new plug ins to add variety. - would be nice
    That shop where it's like 75k to fully repair any item with all enchants. - ehh, sure why not
    Start using some money to advertise. - Yes please
    More kits. Like, why did you take away kit cake and kit TNT? And add some more. - would be nice, I never had either but they sound great
    Like Sparkey said, why make all these new servers and start pumping them out? Make a server amazing (I'm pretty sure everyone would love GL Survival games) and it was supposed to be out like 2 years ago. We actually had people back then and would have gotten donations for it. Sky block is boring as fuck and if that's costing you money I would stop it. - I'd say wait and see
    Bouncy beds - we got sponges now lol, but yea it was really fun, it would be nice to have back
    PvP tournaments with set rules hosted by staff (not like FFA or KOTH, like 1v1s and 2v2s) - might be quite cool, don't know about arrangements for prizes though
    More fun mini games hosted by players. Ex: spleef, parkour, simon says, red light green light, ect. - that's up to you guys lol
    Update VBulliten please :/ - embarrassingly not sure what that is
    Fishing for the diamond tools again, sharp axes are a thing now so why not - yea that would be good
    Fix bugs ( axes is a big example now. "Ooh but we are trying" no you're working on sky wars, which will most likely flop like sky block if you don't try and just pump it out. Fix everything on the main server first then work on Side servers. - agreed, but most bugs originate from the plugins new updates, such as the new mcmmo
    Get connections with other servers, sort of like the chunk. It doesn't have to be a big hub, you can just have like a portal that goes to another server and they have a portal that goes to ours. - disagree personally
    Take out some of the stupid rules. Like, "don't say that to him in chat" fuck you if they don't like it they can ignore it or turn off chat. - as in super offensive/racial slur, personally I think one needs to draw a line, but unless its severe, we don't do anything anymore.
    Take out death jail. It just causes problems. - but its so fun to burn the tp killing noobs, its a quick way for them to lose all the stuff they illegally stole.
    Chat filter is stupid. Just get rid of it. - I think we should draw up a list of non advertising sights that people want to post links into chat from and get joan to unblock all of those, as for blocking IPs, it works remarkably well.
    Staff doing what they want because they are staff. A recent complaint was Jeremy complaining about TJ using hacks to kill Jeremy on SkyBlock because Jer was on his plot. - I think this was TJ having a bit of fun, generally I don't think any of the staff really abuse (but my opinion is probably fairly 1 sided).
    /feed would be nice as long as you can't use it in combat. - agreed, but again there are quite a few issues with it
    [SIZE=5][COLOR="#DAA520"]King[/COLOR] [[COLOR="#DAA520"]TUSK[/COLOR]:[COLOR="#40E0D0"]NA[/COLOR]][COLOR="#DAA520"][MGS][/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"] >>[/COLOR][COLOR="#990000"]Head[/COLOR] [COLOR="#FFFFFF"]Mod[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFD700"]<<[/COLOR] [COLOR="#990000"]K[/COLOR][COLOR="#FFFFFF"]ind[/COLOR]

[/SIZE]

Thread Information