Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by XzJeremyzX View Post
    I think that the whole desert thing is getting really, really old and boring now. Sure, it completely explains GLD and it makes GLD unique but there are tons upon tons of new biomes to explore with the updates, some that I didn't even realize were in the game because I've been playing the server so long. Maybe we can keep the desert thing but not have it ALL desert, just so we can explore other nice biomes.

Another thing is towny, towny is getting very boring too. It used to be extremely popular but now the superior one is factions, factions offers a more noob-friendly start as factions don't cost any money at all to make.

We need to advertise again. I don't understand why we're not.

I'll add more points later.
    You can explore other biomes you just have to get past the border *wink wink wink wink wink wink wink*

btw factions still suck and will always suck. Towny will always be superior.

How about we scrap towns. COMPLETELY. Instead we put greater focus onto parties. As for protection, what about precious stones?
    [Head Builder] Light

My opinion on wardog's suggestions.

Give us the fun crap back and make some changes. Examples:
    Player disguise: This was probably the most interesting perk every brought into GLD only to be taken away. You can /d p Herobrine and run through the PVP border and watch people go crazy. Why take it away???
    Mob spawn: This was the most efficient way to get creeper eggs, grind mcmmo, and have a good time messing with your friends. Who cares if you drop creepers on someone? You absolutely CAN block the command over the pvp border. And it makes for a more interesting war time where staff actually have to watch people.
    Vanish: There is no reason why this got taken away. I know that I, myself wasted my money buying 1337 when it came out just to have /v. Why take it away? Staff can see through it anyway.
    Selling iron and gold blocks: This was taken SIMPLY to reduce the amount of money being circulated throughout the economy. Why does it matter how much money there is? This is minecraft, not a real world economy. Let the players do what they want. Stop limiting a video game to fit problems you see in actual reality. Players don't come on minecraft to have to deal with real world problems. It's supposed to be a fun escape. Let us have 10 million lightstones. If we put our time and effort into getting it, you should be proud that we stayed on your server that long to get it, not get pissed and take everything away and even start taxing people.
    Fix the market prices back to normal: This is obvious. See the point above.
    Actually let players opinions matter ( don't even act like they do I know firsthand): These threads are usually perfect examples. But I feel like they might be considering our suggestions. I hope so at least.
    MrLight. Need I say more: Exactly
    Let us get the 800 McMMo without having to buy it: They never should have taken it away. It was another way of making easy money, which is understandable but kinda messed up.
    Portable Furnace, which I have been suggesting for months (see point 3 above): Sounds cool.
    Hurry up with spawn, it looks like something that would take me 3'hours to build with world edit: Yeah I actually think that spawn is pretty cool, but a revamp would be nice.
    Aside from just market prices, especially make diamonds 6.4k per stack again: When the server first came out, I was the first person to be on baltop. I got an eff4 unb3 fort3 pic and after an inv of diamonds I got 225k+. Now, I got an inv of diamonds and I get somewhere around 60K. Wtf is that?
    Get new plug ins to add variety: This should be obvious. There are hardly any plugins that not every server already has, if any.
    That shop where it's like 75k to fully repair any item with all enchants: This would be good, but i'm sure they would raise the price to like 5 bill.
    Start using some money to advertise: This should also be obvious. GLD used to make at least 10$ every couple of minutes. I don't know how that money could be gone. It makes no sense.
    More kits. Like, why did you take away kit cake and kit TNT? I was with RW before the "new" server came out and he laughed as he removed /kit cake. Why he did it? No idea. The kits have been what they are for like 10 years. Please add new and interesting kits.
    Like Sparkey said, why make all these new servers and start pumping them out? Make a server amazing (I'm pretty sure everyone would love GL Survival games) and it was supposed to be out like 2 years ago. We actually had people back then and would have gotten donations for it. Sky block is boring as fuck and if that's costing you money I would stop it: Again, use money towards advertising and bringing in players BEFORE adding new gametypes.
    Bouncy beds: Best perk flat out.
    PvP tournaments with set rules hosted by staff (not like FFA or KOTH, like 1v1s and 2v2s): That would be nice, but no one has the money or supplies to build a nice arena.
    More fun mini games hosted by players. Ex: spleef, parkour, simon says, red light green light, ect: Eh. Player hosted games are kinda stupid as they don't know what they are doing most of the time. But regardless of all the staff we have they never have time to host them which is interesting.
    Update VBulliten please :/: Eh sure.
    Fishing for the diamond tools again, sharp axes are a thing now so why not: This is one of those things that NO server I have EVER played on restricts. You literally added the items that you were trying to prevent by removing this, why on Earth wouldn't you re-add this ability?
    Fix bugs ( axes is a big example now. "Ooh but we are trying" no you're working on sky wars, which will most likely flop like sky block if you don't try and just pump it out. Fix everything on the main server first then work on Side servers: Please listen to this. Fix GLD before GLSERVERS.
    Get connections with other servers, sort of like the chunk. It doesn't have to be a big hub, you can just have like a portal that goes to another server and they have a portal that goes to ours: We need survival games. That would bring us at LEAST 100 players.
    Take out some of the stupid rules. Like, "don't say that to him in chat" fuck you if they don't like it they can ignore it or turn off chat: Just get rid of chat violations. They aren't even illegal in different game chats. Just get rid of them no one cares. All it induces is a bunch of people peeling their eyes open HOPING for someone who just came into the server to say "that's gay" so they can report it on the forums and brag about their "accomplishments"
    Take out death jail. It just causes problems: It's dumb.
    Chat filter is stupid. Just get rid of it: Yeah. I can't even repeat the same message after like an hour. And I like to talk fast in chat and I can't do that if I have to wait 1 stupid second.
    /feed would be nice as long as you can't use it in combat: It can be easily blocked in the PVP area, the only place people fight. Why not add it?
    New Ranks: Please consider this. It would make a lot more people donate. New RANKS. Not a new RANK. But RANKS. With more PERKS.
    Last edited by Sparkey; 07-26-2014 at 11:10 AM.

Just a few comments.

Player disguise: Not possible anymore https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-52755
    Vanish: It just wont work, people will just use it to abuse pvp, and before anyone say "BUT XENU YOU CAN DISABLE PVP IN VANISH AND DISABLE SO YOU CANT PICK UP ITEMS" would you really want to play without picking up items? no.
    Bouncy beds: Outdated plugin, we have sponges and slimeblocks in next update.
    Chat vio blabla lbal lblal: Chat vios have been legal for a while now

I agree with you guys on most points, however please check if the stuff you suggest would work before you suggest it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey View Post
    My opinion on wardog's suggestions.

Give us the fun crap back and make some changes. Examples:
    Player disguise: This was probably the most interesting perk every brought into GLD only to be taken away. You can /d p Herobrine and run through the PVP border and watch people go crazy. Why take it away???
    Probably because of the immense abuse when people are disguising as staff, famous youtubers, etc.. We can't update the blocked list every day!

Mob spawn: This was the most efficient way to get creeper eggs, grind mcmmo, and have a good time messing with your friends. Who cares if you drop creepers on someone? You absolutely CAN block the command over the pvp border. And it makes for a more interesting war time where staff actually have to watch people.
    People spamming it for the sole intention to lag out the server, exploit their drops, abuse in pvp, etc.

Vanish:
    There is no reason why this got taken away. I know that I, myself wasted my money buying 1337 when it came out just to have /v. Why take it away? Staff can see through it anyway.
    Vanish, follow someone around, unvanish behind, kill... Pretty abusive. (Among many other possible exploits)

Selling iron and gold blocks
    : This was taken SIMPLY to reduce the amount of money being circulated throughout the economy. Why the hell do you even care how much money there is? This is minecraft, not a real world economy. Let the players do what they want. Stop limiting a video game to fit problems you see in actual reality. Players don't come on minecraft to have to deal with real world problems. It's supposed to be a fun escape. Let us have 10 million lightstones. If we put our time and effort into getting it, you should be proud that we stayed on your server that long to get it, not get pissed and take everything away and even START TAXING PEOPLE WTF.
    If everything in the market is easily affordable, towns are basically free, and there is no challenge... Then people will not have any motive to stay and find ways to come out ontop.
    I agree, more ways to make money.. It'll happen.

Fix the market prices back to normal:
    This is obvious. See the point above.
    See above.

Actually let players opinions matter ( don't even act like they do I know firsthand):
    These threads are usually perfect examples. But I feel like they might be considering our suggestions. I hope so at least.
    I read them all, I don't always reply... This is a rare occurance!

MrLight. Need I say more:
    Exactly
    You need to say more.

Let us get the 800 McMMo without having to buy it:
    They never should have taken it away. It was another way of making easy money.
    Mcmmo will most likely be modified to be all around more rounded coming shortly.

Portable Furnace, which I have been suggesting for months (see point 3 above):
    Sounds cool.
    Sounds cool as well... Will have to check if there is a plugin for it.

Hurry up with spawn, it looks like something that would take me 3'hours to build with world edit:
    Yeah I actually think that spawn is pretty cool, but a revamp would be nice.
    It's been planned, and we talk about it every day. We also plan to seperate new newbies from previous players (Forced RP Box, etc), so that way newbies don't get raped and ragequit.

Aside from just market prices, especially make diamonds 6.4k per stack again:
    Yet another way of ruining a player's experience. When the server first came out, I was the first person to be on baltop. I got an eff4 unb3 fort3 pic and after an inv of diamonds I got 225k+. Now, I got an inv of diamonds and I get somewhere around 60K. Wtf is that?
    Well, that was a bit more than a year ago... Pricings could use some changing.. Again, the market and their prices is planned to be completely overhauled (Most likely at same time spawn is).

Get new plug ins to add variety: This should be obvious. There are hardly any plugins that not every server already has, if any.
    Mostly agree with this, we are looking into things that will add to the gameplay. Any huge additions will be accompanied by some sort of story/lore that explains their entrance/existence.

That shop where it's like 75k to fully repair any item with all enchants:
    This would be good, but i'm sure they would raise the price to like 5 bill.
    Would probably ruin the economy for any good protection armor... But I don't know, up for debate.

Start using some money to advertise:
    This should also be obvious. GLD used to make at least 10$ every couple of minutes. I don't know how that money could be gone. It makes no sense.
    Money? What money... At this point, that is not possible.. If someone would like to donate for the full price of any descent advertising.. Please be sure to let me know.
    At the moment, we are working on alternative methods for advertising.. Including designing our own listing sites.

More kits. Like, why did you take away kit cake and kit TNT?
    I was with RW before the "new" server came out and he laughed as he removed /kit cake. Why he did it? No idea. The kits have been what they are for like 10 years. Please add new and interesting kits.
    More kits will be added for utility, novelty, pvp, etc... I like the idea of looking forward to when the next kit will become available.

Like Sparkey said, why make all these new servers and start pumping them out? Make a server amazing (I'm pretty sure everyone would love GL Survival games) and it was supposed to be out like 2 years ago. We actually had people back then and would have gotten donations for it. Sky block is boring as fuck and if that's costing you money I would stop it: Again, use money towards advertising and bringing in players BEFORE adding new gametypes.
    The extra servers are hosted on the same machine and use very little resources from the machine... We have teams who spend lots of time and effort making them fun and enjoyable.
    The idea is to keep a player in the loop if GLD does not suit them. (First time player, or someone who needs to take a break, etc).
    Mortal Games/SG was planned, but never happened due to lack of proper developers.

Bouncy beds: Best perk flat out.
    Two years ago it caused crashes/lag... Will look into reintegrating it.

PvP tournaments with set rules hosted by staff (not like FFA or KOTH, like 1v1s and 2v2s): That would be nice, but no one has the money or supplies to build a nice arena.
    Sounds cool, but would be another big hassle to manage/set up the whole game.

More fun mini games hosted by players. Ex: spleef, parkour, simon says, red light green light, ect:
    Eh. Player hosted games are kinda stupid as they don't know what they are doing most of the time. But regardless of all the staff we have they never have time to host them which is interesting.
    We already have some minigames, but you know how that all goes.. I think it would be easier to mange if it was automated, or we kept up with the MG+ kind of theme.

Update VBulliten please :/:
    Eh sure.
    We got version 4.2.0... what's so much better about 4.3, etc? I'm pretty sure upgrading it would break our nice theme.

Fishing for the diamond tools again, sharp axes are a thing now so why not:
    This is one of those things that NO server I have EVER played on restricts. You literally added the items that you were trying to prevent by removing this, why on Earth wouldn't you re-add this ability?
    I'm not sure why this was removed, will ask around.

Fix bugs ( axes is a big example now. "Ooh but we are trying" no you're working on sky wars, which will most likely flop like sky block if you don't try and just pump it out. Fix everything on the main server first then work on Side servers:
    Please listen to this. Fix GLD before GLSERVERS.
    Mcmmo has been updated, but requires a reboot before the axes are fixed.

Get connections with other servers, sort of like the chunk. It doesn't have to be a big hub, you can just have like a portal that goes to another server and they have a portal that goes to ours:
    We need survival games. That would bring us at LEAST 100 players.
    We've been talking with a very promising team. They are looking to do a hub set up, but are very different from Chunk (thank god).
    All of that is currently in the planning stages.

Take out some of the stupid rules. Like, "don't say that to him in chat" fuck you if they don't like it they can ignore it or turn off chat:
    Just get rid of chat violations. They aren't even illegal in different game chats. Just get rid of them no one cares. All it induces is a bunch of people peeling their eyes open HOPING for someone who just came into the server to say "that's gay" so they can report it on the forums and brag about their "accomplishments"
    We have to maintain some level of decency, otherwise the chat turns into some sort of god awful hell... And no one likes to listen/see that crap.
    I don't think they want to turn off their chat just for that either.
    But yes, the chat vio rules/regs should be relaxed a bit.

Take out death jail. It just causes problems:
    It's dumb.
    Huh?

Chat filter is stupid. Just get rid of it:
    Yeah. I can't even repeat the same message after like an hour. And I like to talk fast in chat and I can't do that if I have to wait 1 stupid second.
    I will probably take out the thing that blocks repeat messages, because yeah, that is stupid, and it was fine before I added it.

/feed would be nice as long as you can't use it in combat:
    It can be easily blocked in the PVP area, the only place people fight. Why not add it?
    Sounds like a good thing for a donor perk.. Don't know about everyone though.. Would have to have a large cooldown maybe. (This is a survival server!)

New Ranks:
    Please consider this. It would make a lot more people donate. New RANKS. Not a new RANK. But RANKS. With more PERKS.
    No... I think we have too many ranks to be honest.. What we REALLY need is more PERKS!

I hope this has been enlightening even in the slightest... Thanks for the feedback!

Want to test this signature out? I made it! Unique to GLD.
    It will automatically update when we make changes to it!

Add this to your sig:
    [ img]http://gld.bz/s/myusername[/img ]
    (Replace myusername with your username, and remove spaces in the [img ] tags!)

Feel free to use it anywhere else you may have a forum account!

If I may make a suggestion?

Please, /please/ try to avoid factions at all cost. Every server I've used that utilized factions was like a police state. If you weren't part of the "system", you were subject to whatever hideous mistreatment the factions wanted. I have been killed, raided, griefed, trampled on and kicked around by factions simply because I wouldn't align with them (and, not being a PvPer myself, posed no threat to them in the first place).
    Honestly, it's just not a good idea, and would threaten the safety of the non-aligned.

That aside, I may have an idea to boost the server's popularity by just a bit. Call me crazy but; roleplay. For those of you who aren't familiar with what that means, take a little look here.
    I'm not suggesting a full server makeover (which may actually be beneficial in some way, but I digress), but perhaps we could have some sort of vague storyline that people could base off of, create a character and roleplay together in-game every now and then. Maybe even have a specific roleplay day once a week.
    I know a /lot/ of people who roleplay, myself included, and the idea of being able to roleplay on the server may be just the thing to win some of them over.

"May I serve the order honourably."

Blog Entries
    Factions on GLD?
    That would be a nightmare...

Factions is better for faster paced servers like various technic packs, etc.

Want to test this signature out? I made it! Unique to GLD.
    It will automatically update when we make changes to it!

Add this to your sig:
    [ img]http://gld.bz/s/myusername[/img ]
    (Replace myusername with your username, and remove spaces in the [img ] tags!)

Feel free to use it anywhere else you may have a forum account!

Umm, with the armour repairing for 75k a piece, wouldn't ruin the economy for it, it already sells for around 40k a set for p.4 u.3 so I don't think it would be a bad idea.

And selling Iron ore in the market o.o
    Last edited by MrToboggan; 07-26-2014 at 11:46 PM.

Maybe set up an automated 1v1 brackets game that could be public to everyone, not just MG+ donors, mainly because FFA has some disadvantages (being teamed on, people running the entire game, etc).

It can only be Elsewb... XxTheSomeonexX's Avatar
    Something that I think would encourage people to pvp way more often is if there were more pvp kits that took longer to use. Most defaults and even some donors just go out in /kit starter and die immediately because they don't have or are too lazy to get good gear themselves. If there was a kit that gave you a set of prot 2 diamond armour, a sharp 2 sword and an opple once or twice a week, it wouldnt be too OP and people wouldn't have to worry about grinding to get good gear.

<<--- what Scythe thinks of me

Thread Information