Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

My side of the story

Good evening, I hope everyones day is going well. I'd like to start this post off saying that by anyway I don't mean disrespect towards any person or staff member. For the recent events that the staff have now learnt that I live on a protected plot that is not mine and is owned by a higher donator rank than me. It is a rule that I am not allowed to storage my items and live on plot as a permanent residence, and I completely understand this. Rules are rules. But as I see this rules have never been set in stone, no one rule is defined indefinitely. With this specific rule I feel as if that it is not fair to donors, not including myself, to not be able to use their plot as they choose. I can understand a possible rule saying you have some kind of donation rank or perk either it be S-T or Premium. But these people have paid their own money to your server they should be able to use something such as their plot to help the community. With that being said, back during the days in old GLD you were allowed to share protected plots with whomever we chose, which in the same case me and SockGrease donated and owned a plot together. Why should it be unfair to other players? I could already be considered unfair to non-donors that they cannot gain access to a protected plot because they haven't shoved money into GLD. Donors should be allowed to share plots with people of their choice. SockGrease and I have known each other for over a few years now and we haven't been warned or even banned. We have contributed to the server for multiple years and I feel as if I'm being somewhat punished after I have worked many hours on the plot itself in which we gained most of our items together. And I hope to contribute and support GLD for many years to come. After spending a large amount of time on this plot and being forced to move my stuff feels like I have just wasted all my time on GLD and would likely make me want to leave the server for there would be nothing to do anymore. Yeah I possibly could do something, but as I see it everything I have been working for was just taken away. Again, I mean no disrespect towards anyone. Please understand my side of the story as well, and I don't want to be that expectation to a rule. I'd like a change if at all possible. We certainly can agree that it is not fair for anyone if I am the only on who is able to share a plot with a larger plot than my own. I'm still open to any questions or concerns. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

Yours truly,
    OneShotChaos
    History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish. - Okabe Rintarou, Steins;Gate

L33T H4X0Rzz Ancient Sage
    I think you have a good point and a fair compromise could be reached. Sock should be allowed to have anyone he wants build and live on his prot, but I believe that some staff are convinced it would decrease the donation rate if players could have their stuff safely protected without donating for a prot that big. However, since you are already a donor any having a 20x20x256 block prot that would let you have 102400 (give or take) chests, this should be allowed. Even if it is not, you should at least be allowed to continue to build on his prot if not store items.
    Also, since this is one of the hundreds of the "Because staff say so" rules that seem to cause problems, why not actually MAKE A LIST CONTAINING ALL RULES, BOTH MAJOR AND MINOR. Make this list official to a point where you cannot be punished above a /kick for doing something not on this list at the time of the occurrence (excepting major cases resulting in major errors of course).
    Last edited by jnmcd; 01-27-2015 at 02:30 PM.
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/bAyEOIi.png[/IMG]
    [img]http://gld.bz/s/jnmcd[/img]

Sorry to say, it will without a doubt reduce the donation rate. Someone who donates only to Exiled, and yet has the full use of someone else's DarkLord prot land, is highly unlikely to (viz not going to) have any reason to donate again. That is real money the server loses. I again offer the analogy of one person paying for a salad bar & bringing full plates back to everyone else at his table who only ordered appetizers. It's also not far different from paying to see one movie but staying in the theater all afternoon to watch a few others.
    I of course read your /msg conversation with Jnmcd and understand you've already decided we the staff are just being obtuse and stubborn, but you are not simply asking for fairness as you claim. You are asking to be given something more than what you put in.
    So saying, I'd like to at least offer you through the weekend to transfer your stuff back to your own prot land before we remove you from Sockgrease's region.
    Buddha say, "How do I get my pee-pee out of a soda can?"

Sharing protlands was also banned because of the huge protland destruction incident back on old GLD.

The way you think money works is right and also utterly wrong. Yes there will most likely be a decrease in donations. But literally the higher the ranks the only real benefits that comes is the money and the protected land you get. Increasing the benefits and perks for players so they have some kind of incentive to donate to a higher rank would also increase the donation rate. Which I haven't seen in gods knows how long. Then you consider play loyalty, loyalty comes with money. Consider someone who is completely loyal to you and your server. Most likely this said player would go out and spread the word of this server, which word of mouth is a very powerful thing mind you, as well as donate to support this server. You fall behind on server payments? Whos there to help you pay for it? Your loyal playerbase. Ones who don't want to see this server ever end. You can't think just think of now, you have to think of the future. And no I don't think your stubborn, and I don't mean to disrespect or make you out to be the bad guy. Who ever said change was bad? And I feel as if you maybe opened up and ask the players who are CURRENTLY playing what they would want wouldn't that increase loyalty? Yes you can come out to be stubborn when you refuse to seek help from those who want to help you. I for one would hate to see this server go and I want to stand by your side just as much as the next guy.

EDIT: To add to this point you should not be restricting people to make them donate. You need to give them a reason to donate to make money, not force them. For example I recently purchased mineable spawners for 50 dollars because I enjoy playing and it was incentive to play more and add new interesting mechanics to the game.
    Last edited by OneShotChaos; 01-27-2015 at 02:53 PM.
    History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish. - Okabe Rintarou, Steins;Gate

Also James, SockGrease has been my real life friend for probably 7 or so years now. If people happen to grief their prot land, tough. It was their fault for trusting a player with their plot. You can't just add some random default to help them out, that would be unreasonable.

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    On old GLD we allowed players to add each other to their donor regions but what we discovered is that even if the person was good friends with the person we were adding they may end up having a fight and disliking each other. Then one of them would grief their friends protected region. So it ended up in a lot of people charging back because their protland had been griefed. At the start of the new server we decided that we wouldn't allow players to have each other added to protlands. That worked well until situations like this occurred. You donated for a certain amount of perms. By loopholing the donations and using your friends region as your own it basically cheated the server out. I guess because of this incident we will have to stop allowing players to add others to their protected region.

***** Ancient Sage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jnmcd View Post
    Also, since this is one of the hundreds of the "Because staff say so" rules that seem to cause problems, why not actually MAKE A LIST CONTAINING ALL RULES, BOTH MAJOR AND MINOR.
    I like to consider that rule number 1 covers this.

Quote Originally Posted by TJ1632 View Post
    On old GLD we allowed players to add each other to their donor regions but what we discovered is that even if the person was good friends with the person we were adding they may end up having a fight and disliking each other. Then one of them would grief their friends protected region. So it ended up in a lot of people charging back because their protland had been griefed. At the start of the new server we decided that we wouldn't allow players to have each other added to protlands. That worked well until situations like this occurred. You donated for a certain amount of perms. By loopholing the donations and using your friends region as your own it basically cheated the server out. I guess because of this incident we will have to stop allowing players to add others to their protected region.
    First you can't take someones word that they are "good friends." I can say for sure that Sock and I have had our differences. You consider every little encounter as a huge deal. Do I look like I'm throwing a huge fit over being kicked off my plot? No, I'm simply throwing my opinion out there so that you can understand the players perspective. You can't just assume things like this. Theres a reason why people have come up with terms and conditions, you break them tough luck. Your prot gets griefed? Tough, deal with it. You complain and whine, warned. If the severity continues just temp ban them. End of story. Let them cool down and understand what just happened. You need to not be afraid of controlling your playerbase. And I certainly don't wanna be that guy who is ruining it for everyone. I'm not trying to tell you how to run your server, it's yours. Simple as that. That being said, one can also agree that a way a server is ran could be improved. By using my opinion and my own perspective, ideas, and beliefs I can help show you a different light on the subject of the matter. No one person thinks exactly alike on a subject. You need to warn them if you add this person to your plot this is your fault. And also you can change you terms and conditions saying that the purchase is final and they cannot charge back, totally legal as long as it is said. Sometimes I feel as if you look more towards the numbers, the statistics more than the reality of it. Life isn't all about money... It's about our time here and our enjoyment and taking someones enjoyment away so you can earn an extra buck is no way to live as I see it. Now again, no disrespect I don't mean to be considered rude, but take it as you will. I enjoy what you do and what you bring to the community, but I think if we asked the community and we all agreed that I should no longer be on my SockGrease's plot then so be it. Democracy is a great concept, voting brings fairness and justice. Not having staff decide what is wrong and what is right. Ethics is always decided on society, not by a group or person, but by society as a whole. At this point I'm endless ranting but I find it really frustrating that you don't even seem to be considering my opinion, as I see it you're just saying, "I'm right, your wrong. Take it or leave it."

Well I'm obviously a big part of this whole thing... I would also like to state that EVERYTHING I say in this and future responses are NOT to disrespect,annoy, or degrade ANYONE. That being said the way I word myself is a little more "raw" than OneShot as I have less of a filter. I honestly don't even wanna start out by talking about the plot issue although what I'm about to say DOES DEFINITELY relate to it. I just want to take a second and talk about the server. Me and OneShot have been pretty much playing GLDesert since close to "Day 1". We both LOVED the old server and got quite addicted, we became pretty popular and well known as I was an assistant in MangoFleet. We also INTRODUCED one of GLDesert's Head-Admins to the server in Daniel Brown. So as you can tell we have been around for a good time ( I'm sure some of today's staff don't even know what I'm talking about because they are RELATIVELY new.) So now that you have some background on us I would also like to say that the server is OBVIOUSLY no where near what it used to be and I assume everyone already knew that... Most if not ALL the people that are still active are just people that have money invested into the server. GLD has been on a decline. GLD obviously has to make some changes and this might be one of the smaller ones. I'm not saying everyone who plays the server should be able to join a prot land as then nobody would be getting raided anymore and that would take away a big part of the server. But people who PAID MONEY TO THE SERVER should be able to join a prot land. Obviously there are some risks, but the owner of the prot land should be aware of those risks and decide if they want to do it or not. This way it would be their OWN fault if something happened. I mean really? You guys REALLY believe that you will lose your precious donations? I mean REALLY? You have people dishing out hundreds of dollars to your server ( Including me ). Maybe, just maybe, you allowing donators to join others prots would make people WANT to donate so they can play with their friends and in turn STAY ON THE SERVER, since we all have seen first hand how much of a struggle that has been. I mean OneShot was on my plot in the old server and has been on my plot since the beginning of the new server and has ANYTHING remotely bad become of that? NO. NOT AT ALL. Nobody has been disturbed, harmed, annoyed, harassed, embarrassed, conned, and the list just goes on.... I'm just going to stop here for now because this is getting to long and I promised I wouldn't annoy anyone xD.

P.S. You ever think we were given the prot land by the admin for a reason?...
    Last edited by SockGrease; 01-27-2015 at 05:17 PM.

Thread Information