Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What is your personality type?

As someone who really enjoys science and psychology there is a test that gives a rough estimate on how your brain works. This in no means accurate, this gives some general idea of how you make decisions and how you take in information. As I see it this is a way to simple the complexity of the brain. I'm rather nerdy and geeking and maybe even obsessive over this but whatever. Post your result in the thread.

Take the test HERE.
    Also here is some good sites to describe some of the functions and characteristics of your type.
    This site gives common characteristics among you type. This does not mean it is entirely true. Click HERE for the site.
    Now this site is more cognitive processes, hence the name, how your brain works basically. Click HERE for site.

If you have any questions about the test feel free to ask as I will try my best to explain it.

EDIT: To add to this post I'll explain the very basic parts of the letters in MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator)
    E vs I or Extraverted vs Introverted.
    This is where you get your energy from, not really meaning extraverts are less shy than introverts this is just saying what energizes you to do things. Extraverted obviously meaning with people or introverted needing alone time to process their day, or ideas, etc. Extraverts prefer the outside world and get energy from it while introverts prefer their land of imagination as I like to call it and prefer their inner world.

N vs S or iNtuition vs or Sensing
    This is how you take in information. Intuition is seeing the possibility within the information, rather the big idea while the sensors see things are more direct, what they can see with their five senses as well, the physical reality of things.

T vs F or Thinking vs Feeling
    Now this one is a part more complicated and by no means feeling is a more emotional type than thinkers. Feelers generally make decisions based upon who it affect who would it benefit and who would it harm. While thinkers generally see things more logically. Most people seem to get very stereotypical about these types but in reality in our cognitive functions we are all thinkers and feelers. Whether we use it more than the next person is the difference between the types.

P vs J or Perceiving vs Judging
    Judgers tend to do things from the outside world while the perceiver tends to do things on then inside. One good example of this is judgers would clean their room to feel good while a perceiver would rather do it when they felt like it.

Now everyone is both of these types but most people cognitive functions are more dominant than others. When the situation calls for it sometimes a thinker will become a feeler. It is all matter on how the person uses these functions in a given situation. Now to me shadow functions are rather useless and to be a better person just don't even work on them. Work on your current strengths and use them to your advantage in order to mature and grow as a person. Also just because a persons letters are similar doesn't not me they function similar for example INTP and ENTP are completely different but similar in some parts of their functions.

And no one personality is better than the other. I for one love most personalities even though most hate me (perks of an ENTP).
    Last edited by OneShotChaos; 02-08-2015 at 06:46 AM.
    History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish. - Okabe Rintarou, Steins;Gate

It can only be Elsewb... Skilled Miner's Avatar
    ur personality must be bad cuz u like anime

[RetiredBuilder] Skilled

Add me on skype: skilled.miner

Jung Test.PNG Click on it to enlarge.

Don't know whether this is good or bad... Meh.
    [Berserker] ManuKnife

<- Hehe, rekt.

Quote Originally Posted by Skilled Miner View Post
    ur personality must be bad cuz u like anime
    This post was so ignorant that I don't think in one part of it there was an actual rational thought.
    Last edited by OneShotChaos; 02-08-2015 at 06:44 AM.
    History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish. - Okabe Rintarou, Steins;Gate

Quote Originally Posted by Manuknife56 View Post
    Jung Test.PNG Click on it to enlarge.

Don't know whether this is good or bad... Meh.
    To me there is no good or bad personality. Everyone has strengths and weaknesses. It is how we use our strengths and our weaknesses to our advantage.

It can only be Elsewb... Ancient Sage
    Retired Staff Member

It is interesting to see many of the types of personalities around. I normally haven't talked to people with varying personalities. I'll also stick my test results here as well.

Kinda scary how much of an ENTP I am.

Quote Originally Posted by OneShotChaos View Post
    It is interesting to see many of the types of personalities around. I normally haven't talked to people with varying personalities. I'll also stick my test results here as well.

Kinda scary how much of an ENTP I am.
    Don't worry too much, clearly you don't judge things too well.

http://i.imgur.com/fjHyiHC.png

I think I maybe build too much :/
    [Head Builder] Light

Thread Information