Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Count me in again as Event Manager. With these attitudes I'l gladly get on and host

Administrator Ancient Sage
    If there is anyway I can help contribute to GLD's recovery I am happy to help in any capacity I can
    Powermod Nonojang

Personally I think that the server should reset, bring on the new changes by starting fresh

Blog Entries
    I still don't know why GLD even has an economy, most of the big servers out there have an infinite amount of currency available. I mean, if we're going to have a guy who holds the money only to have money be added to him whenever people run out, it's basically the same thing but more tedious.

Also I does dev stuff so I can help there.
    Every GLD Economy/Feature Request Thread:

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear everyone's thoughts and motivation towards the project

At the moment I am in the midst of creating the new map.
    A lot of effort has to be put into how each biome is shaped and ore ratios, terrain volatility, etc.
    I'll post some screenshots in a bit!

As far as dev stuff...
    We have some ideas for plugins that might need to be custom made.
    So leme know how good you are at Bukkit plugins, Itrollin.. or anyone else !

Want to test this signature out? I made it! Unique to GLD.
    It will automatically update when we make changes to it!

Add this to your sig:
    [ img]http://gld.bz/s/myusername[/img ]
    (Replace myusername with your username, and remove spaces in the [img ] tags!)

Feel free to use it anywhere else you may have a forum account!

I was actually thinking of introducing the other Cities as towny towns, which would raid each other.
    You could buy plots in them n' stuff. These plots would have pre-built houses - which had chests and stalls for the player. By travelling at "light speed" you could find good prices for items. Almost like a player-based blackmarket.
    Each of these "city-states" would have different abilities and rules, depending on the town leader (king). One might be PvP based, with arenas and gambling. Another could have a better market or spleef or something. There could be NPCs - like guards, who enforce rules or get rid of monsters that spawn. E.g. If one player kills another guard/s will try to kill him.
    Anyway, the owners of these cities will also own a nation. There will be smaller towns that are owned by the city. These will be easier to raid than a large city - but will have cheaper plots.

The reason I want to introduce these towns as dungeons is because it will encourage players to get "good" gear. Then form a team to beat them. Players would actually organize events. There would be rewards obviously. For example - the team leader will take charge of the empire, and the rest of them will have high ranking positions in the nation (e.g. town owners). They would all also get some loot as a prize.

Eventually, all the dungeons should be completed. By then, there will be a large amount of warring cities. For war there'd be no teleporting using lights - players would have to use bed sethomes/inns. There'd be gear supplied from the blackmarkets (like TNT or creeper eggs).
    There'd have to be no grinders of any sort though. Unless it was something dumb, like a 1 spawner skeleton one. If you had a large creeper grinder then the towns would be griefed beyond recognition.

I'm going to have to insist on a few rules I've talked about before. NO FLY. EVER. Not even as part of a rank. It would make dungeons too easy and travel too quick. We want players to explore. No /vg - obviously. No XP grinders. We don't want players running around in prot 4 everywhere. This is going to be a much harder gamemode than the last few GLD's. Hard is fun and will keep you doing stuff for longer. Rare ORES. Rare diamonds, rarer than vanilla. This will make strong tools/armour/obsidian very valuable. Rare iron, rare gold. If we have different armours with different abilities (e.g. 4 diamond boots and 1 gold boot = jump boost 3 boots (chain)), then it could add to the rewards of mining/working for items. Rather than just grinding them.

Donations?
    Cosmetics.
    And some abilities.
    Witch: /warp brewery. The only place on the GLD with brewing stands. And a kit with some ingredients (8x netherwart, 4x water bottle, 4x spider eyes). Renewable resources only.
    Spellcaster: /warp tower. An enchantment table. Maybe a kit with enchanting bottles and a few books. You can't give people lapis as it's non-renewable.
    Blacksmith: /warp forge. A place with a ton of anvils. Same kit as the spellcaster.

Prices?
    Spellcaster $10 per month. There's a very high demand for enchanted items.
    Witch $50. 1 time payment. Potions aren't as valuable as enchanted items.
    Blacksmith $250. Items that have been made with anvils are extremely OP. We only want a few people to have this to keep the demand for strong items up.

NOTE: Rushed post.
    [Head Builder] Light

I'd love a server reset.

Enforcer Desert Sage
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfuston1 View Post
    I don't think a map reset is the way to go. I was against it last time and I would be against it again this time.

Although I would probably rage on the forums for a month (like last time), GLD always has my full support. I have spent a long time here and plan to spend a lot more time here, I am always willing to help out with what I can.
    I agree with James, I don't feel like a map reset would be the way to go. Advertising and adding popular minigames might help the server proceed and be pulled from the dead.
    [img]http://gld.bz/s/SockHeadx86[/img]
    [COLOR="#40E0D0"]"mildly demoted but possibly also retired staff member"[/COLOR]
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/TlOilPO.gif[/IMG]

Blog Entries
    Really good ideas Blu3..
    We'll have to see if anything can be implemented into the revive.
    But a future RPG type thing would also be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by SockHeadx86 View Post
    I agree with James, I don't feel like a map reset would be the way to go. Advertising and adding popular minigames might help the server proceed and be pulled from the dead.
    You two fail to see the fundamental flaws that keep players away...
    Tossing players at a broken system will work if you toss enough, sure.
    But it's not worth the effort put in, it's forcing the issue.

Want to test this signature out? I made it! Unique to GLD.
    It will automatically update when we make changes to it!

Add this to your sig:
    [ img]http://gld.bz/s/myusername[/img ]
    (Replace myusername with your username, and remove spaces in the [img ] tags!)

Feel free to use it anywhere else you may have a forum account!

Im New and when i try to put in the gldesert ip it won't work,Does anyone know another ip that would work for gldesert maybe hub?

Thread Information