Thread: Wartime/Goodbye

Wartime/Goodbye

So I would just like to start this off by saying, as I do in most of my posts, I don't really intend to piss people off with this, but if you get pissed off, don't spam your shit here please. In my eyes, the launch of GLD 3.0 has been rocky, but it could've been SO MUCH worse if it wasn't handled as well as it was (I would just like to thank you for that, whoever it was that put so much time into it to make sure it went well). But this is mainly about what I see in the future of GLD. Now I'm not sure how many sethomes have been granted to the new highest donator rank, but considering how few the old ones get, I assume it will be very low.
    My first concern is that in attempting to avoid the 'Pay To Win' aspect, you're gonna get a new title because hey, people always have to have something to call it. If you're a donator that doesn't really care about the perks (who tf), you probably won't see this as a problem. On the other hand, if you're the donator that payed for the perks that used to be OP and are now so pathetically small, (everyone) you're probably pretty pissed off. You also have to pay a shit load more, probably less perks too Regardless of which type of donator you are, if you're not satisfied with the new perks for the new ranks, you're about to pull your "wow Joan you're so money thirsty, these perks are lame!!!!" And if you think Pay to Win is annoying, just wait, you're in for a ride.
    But, with the change of 'no' pay to win, the wartime is going to be VERY VERY different. The lack of raids, the lack of creeper eggs, the lack of fun, it's too much to switch into this fast. For example, this war consisted of: Some kid trying to break into Pandemic, unsurprisingly got killed by the town members, James, Guitar, iiKontrol, Jace, Ghosts, and Clint chased around a cloaked, guardian, spongey, creeper egging, fireworking, exploding Kerrus. (yeah, the entire war.) The reason that war is so different? Well, there's no fly, there's no sethomes, about a stack of creeper eggs that were spawned in from Kerrus were dropped when he was killed (I assume they were spawned in, as that's around 10000ls), they were selling for 150, then dropped to 50 (is that so much better though :3). The pure lack of sethomes is going to make raiding SOOOOO much different, now we'll all have to saddle up as a town and ride over to the cords (could be badass, mostly just a pain in the ass). Also, with how fragile the economy is (Thanks x-raying defaults) and Kinkier being the ONLY nation that can afford not only the initial cost, but the 32ls upkeep (is this a glitch)? #4Kinks There really is no competition and I guess we'll just have to wait for a massive group of hackers to rise up and try to destroy us. I can't explain how much I would love this, being the only nation really does take a toll on wartime.
    All in all, I would just like to conclude by saying that Wartime is obviously going to be very different now that we're changing all of this, but I'm ready to see how it turns out.

Also, completely unrelated, I'm going on vacation for a week, so starting tomorrow I will not be spending my entire day on the server, I won't even have internet access. As much as I would like to watch the server launch and see what people say about this, I won't be able to. So, for a week, goodbye!

Alright I would like to counter this issue with my own thoughts. You have to understand it is very early to say that it impossible to raid towns as many people don't have the resources to even engage in large scale raids. This requires much time and preparation, such as acquiring TNT and other materials. And as things move on (when one mechanic or something becomes op they can always tweak it or counter it in some way) there is always room for GLDesert to change. There will always be room for change. I sincerely hope they don't stop developing GLDesert as change brings more and more people in as well as allowing veterans to stay. (By this I don't mean constant revamps, just new addons and such.) The only real complaint I have against GLD is that they reach out to the community more often.

As a sidenote I would like to thank every individual who worked on 3.0. So seriously great work guys I hope we can continue to see more of this in the future.
    History dictates that it is the wise who are most foolish. - Okabe Rintarou, Steins;Gate

Considering coming back as a hacker with 5 of my hacker friends to take over the world. (thread necro as well)

OKAT I DELETED UNCLE GRANDPA! HAPPY NOW BITCH?

Thread Information